Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Ive currently put down KCL and QM and Sheffield but I'm stuck between cardiff and bristol for my 4th option.

What would you say is the overall "better" uni when considering things like social life, the two cities, prestigiousness, campuses etc. Thank you for your time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gadier)
    Hi guys,

Ive currently put down KCL and QM and Sheffield but I'm stuck between cardiff and bristol for my 4th option.

What would you say is the overall "better" uni when considering things like social life, the two cities, prestigiousness, campuses etc. Thank you for your time.
    I haven't gone to University so can't really comment on that side of things but in terms of the social life side of things I may be able to help.

I am from near Bristol, so I know a lot about the place, and I honestly love it. It is such an up and coming city with a variety of things to do all year round. For nightlife you have big nightclubs like SWX who host DJs such as Nathan Dawe, Tom Zanetti and nights like Kisstory. You have Pryzm, which I'm sure everyone is familiar with, it's a huge nightclub. You have Thekla the boat nightclub, but the music taste is a lot more rock than it is house/r&b. There is Ramshackle every Friday night at the O2 academy which is cheap entry and amazing music/atmosphere! Then you have Park Street and the Triangle with a mass of bars/nightclubs for students to go to. Mbargos is open every day almost all year around. For your more drum and bass kind of atmosphere, you have Blue Mountain (drug den) in Stokes Croft at the bottom of Gloucester Road, as well as Lakota. Gloucester road has plenty of restaurants and bars as well.

For shopping you have Cabot Circus and Broadmead, and there are a lot of lovely places to eat in Cabot Circus, as well as some designer shopping places if you fancy it. Bristol has the 2nd biggest Primark in the UK, from what I last knew. Just off from Broadmead there is St Nicholas Market, quite a quirky place with some food stalls and little markets stalls and there's a vintage clothing shop. There's the harbourside with lots of bars along the front as well, with bars and places to eat. I don't know much about Clifton Village but it's a pretty place, and has a lot of shops and little Cafes etc.

Bristol is a big place and there's probably more to do than this (definitely is), but I would be sat here all day.

In terms of student life, I think it is honestly one of the best places to go to, there's two major universities here so there is a massive student population and the city definitely caters for that. Bristol is definitely going to be more expensive than Cardiff, especially for accommodation.

I haven't seen much of Cardiff, but it equally looks like a brilliant place, it's more compact than Bristol and the nightlife there seemed just as fun. There's probably going to be less option than Bristol purely because Bristol has so much to offer and is very big. You may think I am a bit biased, but it's true. It also has the largest all you can eat buffet restaurant in the country, which is a bonus.

Hope this helps!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.