Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I have just taken the ukcat on the 26th September and got an average of 595 and band 1 which is very low. But I worked really hard and I was getting 700s in the medify mocks for each section. However for the VR section, I had really confusing and long passages which I couldn't get through in the time limit. I don't know what to do, or if any universities will give me a chance? Thank you for your help. Which unis should I apply to?
    My breakdown:
    VR: 480
    AR: 590
    QR:710
    DM:600
    SJT: Band 1

GCSE'S: 5A*, 4As, 2Bs
    Predicted Alevels: AAA in chem, bio and psych
    Work experience:
    7 months volunteering at care home (still ongoing)
    1 week shadowing GP
    1 week shadowing consultant in hospital
    NCS summer 2016
    Prefect, reading mentor. behaviour mentor at school

I am considering Liverpool, Leicester, Keele and not sure about the fourth one!
    Do you think I will have a chance? Thank you for your help.

ReputationRep:
    If you could improve your extra curricular, Bristol could be an option. Their application process is 50% PS I think
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by totodile)
    If you could improve your extra curricular, Bristol could be an option. Their application process is 50% PS I think
    Thank you but I don't have any extra curricular

ReputationRep:
    Don't bother applying to Liverpool and Leicester. Liverpool had a cut off of 643 last year while I don't think your GCSEs are high enough to compensate for your UKCAT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    Don't bother applying to Liverpool and Leicester. Liverpool had a cut off of 643 last year while I don't think your GCSEs are high enough to compensate for your UKCAT.
    Why not Leicester because they don't have a cutoff? Also the school that I did my GCSE's at is below average
    Thank you for the advice about livepool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starstudent7)
    Hi everyone, I have just taken the ukcat on the 26th September and got an average of 595 and band 1 which is very low. But I worked really hard and I was getting 700s in the medify mocks for each section. However for the VR section, I had really confusing and long passages which I couldn't get through in the time limit. I don't know what to do, or if any universities will give me a chance? Thank you for your help. Which unis should I apply to?
    My breakdown:
    VR: 480
    AR: 590
    QR:710
    DM:600
    SJT: Band 1

GCSE'S: 5A*, 4As, 2Bs
    Predicted Alevels: AAA in chem, bio and psych
    Work experience:
    7 months volunteering at care home (still ongoing)
    1 week shadowing GP
    1 week shadowing consultant in hospital
    NCS summer 2016
    Prefect, reading mentor. behaviour mentor at school

I am considering Liverpool, Leicester, Keele and not sure about the fourth one!
    Do you think I will have a chance? Thank you for your help.
    not considering taking the BMAT?
    can add a couple of those unis then
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Why not Leicester because they don't have a cutoff? Also the school that I did my GCSE's at is below average
    Leicester's application policy can be found online - your UKCAT isn't competitive enough.

I'd consider BMAT universities.

ReputationRep:
    Leicester score you out of 64, and they do have a cut-off for that which is estimated to be 55/56 this year.

ReputationRep:
    I'd consider BMAT unis such as Lancaster and BSMS.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.