Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My mum left Islam at 40 years old. AMA. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robby2312)
    If anything the media is largely in favour of islam. Every time some muslim commits a terrorist crime the leaders of western countries go out of there way to say that islam is a peaceful religion.And no I don't understand arabic but you clearly understand nothing of science.
    The media that classifies the Muslims as Terrorists?! Is that the media that you are talking about?

The media that frames random muslims as committing ridiculous crimes and when a white individual carries outthe same actions he is classified as having mental health issues. Double standards?

That media are you referring to?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiszShortee786)
    Ignorance at its best. I didn't state it. It was our beloved Prophet. I'm merely just reminding you.

I don't want to end up in hell fire unlike you and your ignorance.
    I never said it was your quote loool are you actually dumb?

I already know that quote and I think it's absolutely ridiculous lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonderuss)
    I never said it was your quote loool are you actually dumb?

I already know that quote and I think it's absolutely ridiculous lmao
    It's not a quote it's a Hadeeth. Learn the difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ganjaweed Rebel)
    Did she end up changing much and was it difficult for your family?
    Yes, she did change and yes it did cause a lot of problems and arguments in my family. But my mum is now in a state of peace and feels eternally grateful that she left the prison that is Islam. It takes a lot to rebel against what you're used to and the status quo but my mum had the strength to go ahead and do what she felt was right and I'm so proud to call myself her daughter.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a quote it's a Hadeeth. Learn the difference.
    It's still a quote lol...

you make me laugh, you know.

ReputationRep:
    Let her see (hamza tzortzis) channel on YouTube

ReputationRep:
    Yes, she did change and yes it did cause a lot of problems and arguments in my family. But my mum is now in a state of peace and feels eternally grateful that she left the prison that is Islam. It takes a lot to rebel against what you're used to and the status quo but my mum had the strength to go ahead and do what she felt was right and I'm so proud to call myself her daughter.
    Are your parents still together?

ReputationRep:
    Just because you cannot answer it. Don't worry ignorant fool you know the ins and out of our religion when you cannot even answer such basic questions. Fool.
    I know exactly what the answer is.

Answer my question : how is that relevant to this debate at all?

Why would I list the names and qualities of Allah for you?

Again, irrelevant, just like your religion.

ReputationRep:
    Islam is a prison!??!?! What on earth.

ReputationRep:
    Are your parents still together?
    No

ReputationRep:
    This is exactly what I meant by 'contradictory'. So, He says things like "terrorise and behead those who believe in scriptures other than the Quran" (8:12) and "do not hanker for peace with the infidels; behead them when you catch them" (47:4) and then gives himself qualities of mercifulness and lovingness?
    When you make a quote such as the one you have made, you need to state the historical context and the verses before and after.

You haven't done that.

This verse is referring to a specific event that occurred where the Muslims were persecuted and driven out of their homes.

Do you think during a wartime situation (e.g. Vietnam) the Americans were told to tickle their enemy with feathers.

Read this and all will be apparent:

http://www.islam101.com/terror/verse8_12.htm

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly what the answer is.

Answer my question : how is that relevant to this debate at all?

Why would I list the names and qualities of Allah for you?

Again, irrelevant, just like your religion.
    Hah! I didn't say to list anything! Understand the context first. Just because I said Asma-Sifaat doesn't mean take the literal meaning of it. Fool. You're the one who's actually making me laugh. Keep making a fool out of yourself.

ReputationRep:
    No
    It must have been difficult to be around this growing up.

ReputationRep:
    Islam is a prison!??!?! What on earth. You're stupid Islam is an independent religion whereby you can live you're life freely and not be oppressed. So how is it a prison? Fool.
    Don't put the words Islam and free in the same sentence, please. Don't get me started lol

ReputationRep:
    Don't put the words Islam and free in the same sentence, please. Don't get me started lol
    I will because it's not you that's living the beautiful religion. Live and let live. Thank goodness you're out of our religion. We don't need negativity especially from individuals such as yourself.

Who died and made you dictator?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mythirdleg)
    When you make a quote such as the one you have made, you need to state the historical context and the verses before and after.

You haven't done that.

This verse is referring to a specific event that occurred where the Muslims were persecuted and driven out of their homes.

Do you think during a wartime situation (e.g. Vietnam) the Americans were told to tickle their enemy with feathers.

Read this and all will be apparent:

http://www.islam101.com/terror/verse8_12.htm
    Okay, I'll have a read of that, but I just have a question first. When you see a quote like this:

"Terrorise and behead those who believe in scriptures other than the Quran" (8:12)

what exactly does this sentence mean to you?

"Terrorise and behead those who believe in scriptures other than the Quran"

What else could it mean other than what is written? There is no other way this could be interpreted, irrespective of the historical context or the verses before and after?

And even if the historical context or verses before and after did allow a different interpretation, a religion which it calls itself the ultimate 'religion of peace' should not utter a single word of violence. Don't you agree?

I have another question - what do you think of the fact that in the Quran, Allah threatens and incites constant fear in the followers of Islam? Why do we deserve this? Do you believe that He created us for the purpose of worshipping Him?

Thanks for discussing with me and I will have a read of that page.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I'll have a read of that, but I just have a question first. When you see a quote like this:

"Terrorise and behead those who believe in scriptures other than the Quran" (8:12)

what exactly does this sentence mean to you?

What else could it mean other than what is written? There is no other way this could be interpreted, irrespective of the historical context or the verses before and after?

And even if the historical context or verses before and after did allow a different interpretation, a religion which it calls itself the ultimate 'religion of peace' should not utter a single word of violence. Don't you agree?

I have another question - what do you think of the fact that in the Quran, Allah threatens and incites constant fear in the followers of Islam? Why do we deserve this? Do you believe that He created us for the purpose of worshipping Him?

Thanks for discussing with me and I will have a read of that page.
    Violence is everywhere. Books ,newspapers, video games etc. No one complains then. But when it is stated in the Holy Quraan then individuals such as yourself go beserk.

Please just keep out.

ReputationRep:
    I will because it's not you that's living the beautiful religion.
    But I was Muslim before so surely I must know how it was like?

Thank goodness you're out of our religion.
    Uh oh...you're gonna go to hell for saying that. You shouldn't be supporting someone who left your religion.

We don't need negativity especially from individuals such as yourself.
    The only negativity you Muslims face is from each other.

ReputationRep:
    It must have been difficult to be around this growing up.
    It was. But I'm grateful that I'm a more informed human now.

ReputationRep:
    It was. But I'm grateful that I'm a more informed human now.
    'Informed human' 😂. More like an Informed fool.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.