Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My mum left Islam at 40 years old. AMA. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiszShortee786)
    I was referring to our beloved Prophet (SAW) who bled from head to toe during a war.
    He must have lost a lot of blood then
    (Some words are repetitive I won't go in detail why)
    Could you please do that?
    Comparing that to Shakespeare is offensive. Be careful of where you are going.
    Why so?
    The Holy Quraan is more than just arabic words. It's a fountain of beautiful stories that even authors today couldn't think of. Why? Because it's not a fairy-tale believe it or not.
    I don't really know what you're on about here.

Why can't it be a arabic poem about beautiful stories?
    Why are you so concerned about the Quraan mentioning violence? It's not a fairy tale where it ends in 'happily ever after'.
    Well it is if you consider the afterlife reward.

However, a book interpreted to be inerrant and perfect which contains ambigous verses concerning violence is a big issue.

Well I say that but who can ever refute the everlasting river of halal wine and rivers full of delicious milk. Did I also mention that you just have to think of food and it will come to you. Yes in Jannah.
    You're doing all this "suffering" for a servant to continually serve you halal wine and milk? This is your story that authors cannot even think of?

Not to mention the rewards for male believers which largely concern the use of women in paradise.

not disregard it because you disagree with a thing or two.
    If you disgaree with parts of it, then it cannot be perfect in your view and thus cannot be true.

ReputationRep:
    'Informed human' 😂. More like an Informed fool.
    Islam is important to you but you don't have to treat her as if you know her mind better than she does. She's had different experiences to you and it's not for you to condemn her if her experience of Islam does not match yours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ganjaweed Rebel)
    Islam is important to you but you don't have to treat her as if you know her mind better than she does. She's had different experiences to you and it's not for you to condemn her if her experience of Islam does not match yours.
    I'm not one to baby around. I will say it how it is. Different experiences? How so?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    x
    If you're not gonna answer the specific questions that I put forward, then don't reply to this thread, please. I've had enough of your irrelevant blabbering. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FailedMyMocks)
    I believe God is just. He has Jannah for the righteous Muslims. True, Eternal happiness. Nothing like that can be found in this temporary, cold world. The Prophet SAW says This Dunya (World) is a prison for the Believer and Paradise for the disbelievers.
    Why is Islam so concerned and eager about the end of this world?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not one to baby around. I will say it how it is. Different experiences? How so?
    Then don't act like a baby.

Some Islamic families will be beautiful with a dad taking care of a mum and brothers taking care of sisters, whereas others will be dark places shrouded in secrecy, you don't know what hers was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mil99)
    If you disgaree with parts of it, then it cannot be perfect in your view and thus cannot be true.
    1.) Yes he did bless our Beloved prophet Muhammad (SAW).

2.) I certainly can Alhamdulliah.

3.) Because the Holy Quraan is not a poem and you could fall into major sin.

4.) Re-read it again and again until you do.

5.) Because there's thousands of that avaliable already and the Holy Quraan is Allah's words directly. Poetry is made up. The Holy Quraan is not.

6.) Allah is not a servant so learn the difference.

7.) I didn't disagree with anything so you got that wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mythirdleg)
    Sure no problem.

Well, I being objective. It says what it says. Remember at that time, they didn't have sophisticated weapons like what we have today.

I'm guessing but they probably used swords and bows and arrows.

If you read the history of the both the non-Muslims and the Muslims so you get an unbiased viewpoint it becomes clearer.

Mecca was an inhospitable place. Desert, boiling hot, tribes which had different values from what we have today. Being killed or have loads of women as wives or concubines was no big deal.
    Also, people used to come from far and wide to worship the idols made in the Kaba. So for the local tribes in Mecca this was big business.

Now - you have someone who comes along and says ... this is all wrong, you need to stop worshipping idols, believe in One God, be grateful to God for the faculties of intelligence, understanding, love etc.

Well - the Makkan pagans saw this as a direct threat to their business and money making schemes. So they opposed him in the most vehement way possible . By torturing anyone that believed in it ... they used to leave people out in the desert in 40-50C - tied up so they couldn't move.

Ok - my 2 cents. No one compels anyone to do anything. You make your own judgement based on how you interpret reality.

Use common sense to derive your own conclusions.

I
    Sure, but your missing an important part. It says 'scriptures other than the Quran'. This could be any religion. Do you agree that any non-Muslim should've been killed?

Second question - how do you feel about the fact that Islam was spread by the sword? That people were forced to convert from their own religions - i.e. as ISIS has been doing?

ReputationRep:
    Then don't act like a baby.

Some Islamic families will be beautiful with a dad taking care of a mum and brothers taking care of sisters, whereas others will be dark places shrouded in secrecy, you don't know what hers was.
    I'm not babying around. And that scenario that you just gave doesn't really make sense.

Theres families that are together, broken families, families that have lost individual members etc. But that doesn't mean that you can blame Islam for your problems. Only a fool would stoop so low.

ReputationRep:
    2.) I certainly can Alhamdulliah.
    Please do so.

3.) Because the Holy Quraan is not a poem and you could fall into major sin.
    Why is it not a poem?

4.) Re-read it again and again until you do.
    Do you include the verses condong violence to be "beautiful" ?

Again I ask, why can't you classify it as a arabic poem about various stories.

5.) Poetry is made up. The Holy Quraan is not.
    Can you prove it?

6.) Allah is not a servant so learn the difference.
    The angels and various other creation will be your servant apparently.

I don't really understand how that can be seen as exciting.

7.) I didn't disagree with anything so you got that wrong.
    You agree with everything about Islam and believe it's perfect for all times?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not babying around. And that scenario that you just gave doesn't really make sense.

Theres families that are together, broken families, families that have lost individual members etc. But that doesn't mean that you can blame Islam for your problems. Only a fool would stoop so low.
    I'm not blaming Islam.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not blaming Islam.
    I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about the OP. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry two questions related to what you're asking me:

1) what evidence do you have for Islam calling itself the religion of peace.

2) Give an example of inciting fear.

Thanks!
    Oh sorry, I mean Muslims, not Islam. My bad. So, you wouldn't call it a religion of peace?

Sure, I'll give an example.

Here: "punish the unbelievers with garments of fire, hooked iron rods, boiling water, melt their skin and bellies" (22:19)

- what do you make of this?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about the OP. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    Her experience of Islam from her father may have been different to yours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mil99)
    He must have lost a lot of blood then
    Could you please do that?
    Why so?
    I don't really know what you're on about here.

Why can't it be a arabic poem about beautiful stories?
    Well it is if you consider the afterlife reward.

However, a book interpreted to be inerrant and perfect which contains ambigous verses concerning violence is a big issue.

You're doing all this "suffering" for a servant to continually serve you halal wine and milk? This is your story that authors cannot even think of?

Not to mention the rewards for male believers which largely concern the use of women in paradise.

on point.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, 'experience of Islam' is irrelevant here. Islam is what it is and what is stated in the Quran is what is meant, and I've wholeheartedly decided to leave the religion upon the basis of what is written in the Quran.

ReputationRep:
    Mythirdleg MiszShortee786 and any other Muslims - what is your opinion on this:

"Men have authority over women because Allah has made the one superior to the other...As for those for whom you fear disobedience, admonish them and send them to beds apart and beat them" (4:34)

MiszShortee, I'm particularly interested to hear your views on this as you're a female.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMR2017)
    Make sure it is not a Halal Dominos. That would be way too inappropriate...
    Yeah, we will have to make sure to add extra pork over the top of all pizza and serve it with wine. That would be more appropriate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonderuss)
    Sure, but your missing an important part. It says 'scriptures other than the Quran'. This could be any religion. Do you agree that any non-Muslim should've been killed?

Second question - how do you feel about the fact that Islam was spread by the sword? That people were forced to convert from their own religions - i.e. as ISIS has been doing?
    Thanks for your note. I should state this first before replying. I don't claim to be an authority on religion also what I think is irrelevant.

I use my common sense and knowledge make a distinction on what is true and false.

You don't need to be an Einstein to realise that any of this terror groups are wrong. It all boils down to what you personally believe in. How can you even ask the question about killing innocent people?

Check this out but I think that there is a verse about there being no compulsion in religion.

Check out: 2:256

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your note. I should state this first before replying. I don't claim to be an authority on religion also what I think is irrelevant.

I use my common sense and knowledge make a distinction on what is true and false.

You don't need to be an Einstein to realise that any of this terror groups are wrong. It all boils down to what you personally believe in. How can you even ask the question about killing innocent people?

Check this out but I think that there is a verse about there being no compulsion in religion.

Check out: 2:256
    My question wasn't about if the terror groups are right or wrong. I asked how do you feel about the fact that Islam was spread around the world by the sword and by force?

And yes, there is a verse in the Quran that says 'there is no compulsion in religion'. And this is exactly what I meant when I said the Quran is contradictory. It says something of one nature and then in the next verse says something of the complete opposite nature.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.