Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'll keep it as short as I can!

GCSEs: 13, Mostly Cs and Bs
    A Levels: CDEU (major fail, won't go into why)
    Access Course: Pass (Allied Healthcare)
    1 year at an average University (BSs, withdrew)
    Access Course: All Distinctions in Humanities (English,History,Politics)

My question is, is it worth applying for Law knowing how competitive it is?
    Most of my life I thought I will go into Healthcare but my experiences showed that I have more ability in Humanities.

The university I'm looking to apply is Exeter and I meet their entry requirements (using the Access Course) and I will just mention I'm not looking to work at any major law firms- just want to live comfortably.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by hopefullaw)
    I'll keep it as short as I can!

GCSEs: 13, Mostly Cs and Bs
    A Levels: CDEU (major fail, won't go into why)
    Access Course: Pass (Allied Healthcare)
    1 year at an average University (BSs, withdrew)
    Access Course: All Distinctions in Humanities (English,History,Politics)

My question is, is it worth applying for Law knowing how competitive it is?
    Most of my life I thought I will go into Healthcare but my experiences showed that I have more ability in Humanities.

The university I'm looking to apply is Exeter and I meet their entry requirements (using the Access Course) and I will just mention I'm not looking to work at any major law firms- just want to live comfortably.
    I'd think youd be ok as long as tou got a decent degree.

Theres a risk because of the competition, but you have to back yourself.
    Impressed they let you do two access courses and A levels.

There are a wide range of solicitors and if you are good enough you can make a decent living..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    I'd think youd be ok as long as tou got a decent degree.

Theres a risk because of the competition, but you have to back yourself.
    Impressed they let you do two access courses and A levels.

There are a wide range of solicitors and if you are good enough you can make a decent living..
    Thank you!

The plan is to get a First hopefully! I am planning to, at some point, re-take those A Levels just to redeem myself as I know I'm capable.

I took A Levels after I left school but I struggled a lot at college with a lot of issues and ended up solely relying on the fact that I'll just do access and apply for a Healthcare course, it turned out it wasn't for me. My tutor argued that I can do access again as long as I take different subjects which ended up working out a lot better for me

Bit ambitious but I'm also doing the LNAT and seeing if I can apply somewhere higher than Exeter

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.