Turn on thread page Beta

When an employer asks for either in-store or online CVs watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey there, wanting some more advice on applying for jobs. If a job application states:

Please take your CV and Cover Letter into store or email both to [email protected]
    ...which would it be recommended that I do? Most jobs I'm applying to specifically ask for the CV and cover letter to be handed in-store, but the rest state something like the above, and in such a situation I'm not sure which is preferred. The "in-store" part does come first, but then the fact that an email is also given makes me think this will be how the majority of their applications come through, and that a physical CV may be disregarded, especially if it doesn't reach a manager.

Does anyone have any experience or insight relating to this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Architect)
    Hey there, wanting some more advice on applying for jobs. If a job application states:

...which would it be recommended that I do? Most jobs I'm applying to specifically ask for the CV and cover letter to be handed in-store, but the rest state something like the above, and in such a situation I'm not sure which is preferred. The "in-store" part does come first, but then the fact that an email is also given makes me think this will be how the majority of their applications come through, and that a physical CV may be disregarded, especially if it doesn't reach a manager.

Does anyone have any experience or insight relating to this?
    Definitely hand CV to the store. At least then they'll see your behaviour therefore you need to make a good first impression.
    By that I mean don't go into the store looking scruffy - dress decently, but not too smart, a shirt and a pair of trousers/chinos. You cannot go wrong with that.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.