Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I've recently went for an Induction at Argos for Xmas part-time, and they gave me my first shift this saturday.

It's my first time doing anything job related, and im nervous as heck, no idea what to wear, concerned i've forgotten everything they told me at the Induction regarding Fire safety / stockroom safety / customer service.

They gave me a customer service job, and partnered me with someone on Saturday 9-13:30 - picking / headset.

I've had trouble with anxiety in the past and i've been going hospital lately for various tests on a condition. They told me to be fully flexible regarding hours, could i tell them i can't work that many hours?

Thank's for reading, im just super nervous, any tips / advice on what to do on my first ever shift?

-Brett

ReputationRep:
    how do you apply to work at argos

ReputationRep:
    Just go into it head first. Accept all the hours they give you cos money and the more u do it the more confident you'll get talking to strangers. Everyone is really nervous when they get a new job. You'll learn over time. Also nobody remembers everything they tell you in the induction. On-the-job training is best for these retail jobs to remember everything. The person you're partnered with will help you. You'll be fine.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hello just wondering what you do at induction at argos. I have mine later today just want to know what i'll be doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChubbyCheeks93)
    Hello just wondering what you do at induction at argos. I have mine later today just want to know what i'll be doing.
    At my induction, Firstly we we're shown around the shop floor / stockroom downstairs & upstairs.

Then we we're shown the fire exits, we're to go once out of the building - *Evac point*, then they take you into a room, where you fill in personal details / other stuff such as:

-Bank details
    -Personal details / adress / ilnesses
    -Doctor's details
    -Hours

You have to fill in a sheet for you're uniform, and you also get given you're hours dependin on where you work - I was a customer advisor, i got given 1 shift of 4 and a half hours, on a saturday on tills. (Yeh thrown right in the deep end), but i had someone with me to show me the ropes.

They also give you a booklet, and email you details for a website so you can complete you're online training.. (you get paid for it), you have to finish some of this before they allow you on the shop floor / stock.

ReputationRep:
    How did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NBingham)
    How did you apply?
    Online through indeed, but I bet you can go to you're local store and ask for an application for xmas temp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brett6657)
    Online through indeed, but I bet you can go to you're local store and ask for an application for xmas temp
    What was the interview like?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.