Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm a business student looking to gain a Bachelors degree in Marketing, I've been looking at universities to take the course considering my grade (college student at BTEC Extended Diploma, predicting MMM) and I'm primarily looking at Hertfordshire, or a foundation course.

According to The Complete University Guide league tables, Hertfordshire is 79th ranked in the UK, my options for Uni are either a 4 year foundation course at universities such as Liverpool or Bristol, or a 3 year course at Hertfordshire. From current students studying or past students who took the course, would you recommend it? How is your employment history based on your field?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scorcher100)
    I'm a business student looking to gain a Bachelors degree in Marketing, I've been looking at universities to take the course considering my grade (college student at BTEC Extended Diploma, predicting MMM) and I'm primarily looking at Hertfordshire, or a foundation course.

According to The Complete University Guide league tables, Hertfordshire is 79th ranked in the UK, my options for Uni are either a 4 year foundation course at universities such as Liverpool or Bristol, or a 3 year course at Hertfordshire. From current students studying or past students who took the course, would you recommend it? How is your employment history based on your field?
    Hey Scorcher,

While I can't comment on course employment specifics. We do have a pretty good graduate employment rate of 96.1% within 6 months of graduating.

source: http://www.herts.ac.uk/about-us/news...ast-of-england

all the best,

David

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by David Trebus)
    Hey Scorcher,

While I can't comment on course employment specifics. We do have a pretty good graduate employment rate of 96.1% within 6 months of graduating.

source: http://www.herts.ac.uk/about-us/news...ast-of-england

all the best,

David
    Thanks! Choosing a university with a 96% employment rate seems pretty awesome,

ReputationRep:

Hi,

It's great you're thinking about studying with us here at Herts. As David said, the university has an amazing 96.1% employability rate. Our Marketing course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) and you can also take a work placement or study abroad for a year as part of your degree. This is great experience to boost your employability.

Hopefully one of our marketing students will pop up soon and let you know how they found the course.

In the meantime, if you've got any questions just let us know.

Thanks,
    Heather

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of Hertfordshire)
    Hi,

It's great you're thinking about studying with us here at Herts. As David said, the university has an amazing 96.1% employability rate. Our Marketing course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) and you can also take a work placement or study abroad for a year as part of your degree. This is great experience to boost your employability.

Hopefully one of our marketing students will pop up soon and let you know how they found the course.

In the meantime, if you've got any questions just let us know.

Thanks,
    Heather
    If my current grades are lower than your required grades, is it possible to gain a conditional offer?

ReputationRep:
    If my current grades are lower than your required grades, is it possible to gain a conditional offer?
    Hi Scorcher,

I'm afraid i wouldn't be able to say whether your grades would be accepted. The best thing to do would be to email the admissions tutor for Marketing and let them know your situation and they can offer the best advice ([email protected]).

I've also spoken to one of our current Marketing students Riarna and she said:

I am business and marketing student currently doing an internal placement at the University of Hertfordshire. So far the course has been great, I’ve been exposed to many areas of business. I would recommend coming here and doing a placement year- the experience you get out of this is incredible, and I’ve only been working 3 months and have learnt loads! Definitely a place to consider coming- in terms of employability, you receive loads of help from the university’s career office and internal career hub to find jobs. This is constantly updated including work experience jobs, graduate roles etc. and where I found my placement!

Hope that helps!

Thanks,
    Heather

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.