Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I started studying for my open degree with the OU before 2012 and the SF website is telling me I can only apply for a tuition fee grant and not a loan. Is this the case? Is there anything I can do to get the loan... The grant won't cover the whole course cost and I cant afford the shortfall.

Thanks

Greg
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ggooch)
    Hello,

I started studying for my open degree with the OU before 2012 and the SF website is telling me I can only apply for a tuition fee grant and not a loan. Is this the case? Is there anything I can do to get the loan... The grant won't cover the whole course cost and I cant afford the shortfall.

Thanks

Greg
    Hi ggooch,

For students looking to apply for funding for an Open University course, they should complete the following form:

• New students who started on or after the 1 September 2012- PTL1 form
    • Continuing students who started their course on or after 1 September 2012- PTLC form

Continuing students who started their course prior to 1 September 2012, should complete the PTGC form, that means that you can apply only for a course and a fee grant.

If you speak to your university they may be able to advise on any other support available.

Thanks Rona

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.