Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't like my birthname and so all my close friends call me Pidge.

Despite loving the name I don't know whether or not I should introduce myself as this as its not the most normal of names. Does anyone have any advice? Should I go for it?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, go for it mate, just say "My actual name is...... but please just call me Pidge"
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by pidge-o)
    I don't like my birthname and so all my close friends call me Pidge.

Despite loving the name I don't know whether or not I should introduce myself as this as its not the most normal of names. Does anyone have any advice? Should I go for it?
    Most places have an option in their electronic forms for "preferred name" and new people you meet aren't going to ask to see identification. It's definitely possible. You don't even have to explain yourself if you don't want to. I've only been going with my first name since 2009 and I was born in '95.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.