(Original post by paultutor)
    unpaid, aint sure though
    oh dear, i think i've been getting paid for my breaks as well
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    bump, does anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately I don't but I eat a lot of food from there, like everyday for lunch lol.

I hope you find an answer to your question.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on what shift you're working and your age.

If you're an adult then you normally get a paid 15 min break for a shift over 4 hours. 2 15 mins for 6 hours IIRC, and a 30 minute unpaid with a 30 minute paid for shifts around 9 hours.

I'm not at work at the moment so I can't recall everything off the to of my head, but you are entitled to paid breaks at Greggs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CerealKiller.)
    Depends on what shift you're working and your age.

If you're an adult then you normally get a paid 15 min break for a shift over 4 hours. 2 15 mins for 6 hours IIRC, and a 30 minute unpaid with a 30 minute paid for shifts around 9 hours.

I'm not at work at the moment so I can't recall everything off the to of my head, but you are entitled to paid breaks at Greggs
    oh i see, it's just that whenever my supervisor punches me in and out for work, i get paid the amount i would without the time taken for breaks, but when i punch myself in and out, i get paid for the full shift. Was i supposed to be punching in and out during breaks?

ReputationRep:
    Which store do you work at, reckon you could sort man out with some bakes and slices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Leonidas)
    Which store do you work at, reckon you could sort man out with some bakes and slices.
    no :-)

ReputationRep:
    I've never actually punched in/out for breaks, and was under the impression that you don't need to. When you punch in for your shift (whether its you personally or your manager) the system sort of knows from your rota how long a break you should have and whether it's paid or not.

hope that helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubblegumcat)
    oh i see, it's just that whenever my supervisor punches me in and out for work
    Have you tried walking into the building as opposed to being punched in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CerealKiller.)
    I've never actually punched in/out for breaks, and was under the impression that you don't need to. When you punch in for your shift (whether its you personally or your manager) the system sort of knows from your rota how long a break you should have and whether it's paid or not.

hope that helped
    yes that's helpful thank you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.