Turn on thread page Beta

How to stop giving a sh*@? watch

Announcements

I've come to a realisation that I'm giving way too many sh*@ts about things & people that don't matter.
    The first half first year at uni I didn't care what so ever about people I wasn't close to.
    In the second half I got to know & speak to a lot more people in my year, but I found that I was getting too invested in them & their lives. I feel I care too much about what they're doing, who they're with, who they're speaking to etc. To be honest a lot of the relationships are plain hi-bye type and not close relationships.
    Earlier in first year I didn't care about anyone else but myself. I was focused on myself, my work & extra curricular activities and I desperately want to get that back.
    Anyone got any advice on how to stop giving a sh*@?
    Thnx
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Don't try to stop caring, however limit yourself to the negative around you. Just do things that are distracting like sports or hanging out with more positive people.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.