Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GCSE Business Controlled Assessment Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have the write up of my Business Studies controlled assessment on Tuesday, 10th October and I’m really anxious about it. I’m targeted an A* and while most mocks and tests I do reflect that I’m heading there on target, Im concerned about the grade I’ll get for this controlled assessment. I’m just not sure of how to write up all my data and everything I have found. My question is something along the lines of “What is the most important factor in generating repeat purchase in the small business you’ve chosen?” If anyone has any tips on how to write it up I’d be really grateful as I’m really concerned about it. My teacher said if we get a grade he thinks isn’t our standard we are allowed to redo the controlled assessment but with all of my other GCSEs going on it would be nice to get this part of Business out of the way.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    List each in their own individual paragraph only do 3-4. Plug in all your facts and figures on each. Then in your conclusion rank each of them and give reasons for each of their ranks
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evy.)
    I have the write up of my Business Studies controlled assessment on Tuesday, 10th October and I’m really anxious about it. I’m targeted an A* and while most mocks and tests I do reflect that I’m heading there on target, Im concerned about the grade I’ll get for this controlled assessment. I’m just not sure of how to write up all my data and everything I have found. My question is something along the lines of “What is the most important factor in generating repeat purchase in the small business you’ve chosen?” If anyone has any tips on how to write it up I’d be really grateful as I’m really concerned about it. My teacher said if we get a grade he thinks isn’t our standard we are allowed to redo the controlled assessment but with all of my other GCSEs going on it would be nice to get this part of Business out of the way.
    Make sure you actually answer the question. If it says "what is the most important..." then you need to come to some conclusion on that. You will need to discuss several factors, and then discuss why you think they are/aren't most important. It's fine to say "I don't think there is one most important, but these two are equal". But you need to come to some form of conclusion that reflects what the question is saying. You can't just list 100 factors and consider it done.

Make sure you explain any data/charts/graphs etc you've included. Don't just plonk it in and move on. Make sure the examiner knows that you have included that graph because it shows this particular point. And make sure it actually does show what you say it does - is it showing sales, or revenue, or profit etc? Don't get muddled up in terms. And don't jump to conclusions that aren't there. Just because your graph shows that X has the most sales, it doesn't mean that you can then say X has the largest profit.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.