Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Last night I came home from work at 5:30 and went upstairs and nearly fell asleep just hanging out watching YouTube and then my dad came and asked me to take him to KFC (he's an alcoholic). I couldn't be bothered because I'd been at work so I said "no I'm too tired". So for the rest of last night he was angry at me for being selfish. saying I never put myself out for anyone. he later told me that if he gave me an interview for uni he would tell me to "**** off" "you're useless" "and a lazy *******"

I'm wondering if this is normal parenting behaviour? am I wrong to be upset?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    It's not normal and you're perfectly entitled to be upset.

Will you be staying at home when you go to uni? If you're going to uni in the same town/city as where you live, Imo it'd be best to live away from home if you can (if it's financially possible). It doesn't sound like a good environment.

(Original post by CerealKiller.)
    It's not normal and you're perfectly entitled to be upset.

Will you be staying at home when you go to uni? If you're going to uni in the same town/city as where you live, Imo it'd be best to live away from home if you can (if it's financially possible). It doesn't sound like a good environment.
    I can't afford to live away from home. I'll be a mature student which is worse and why I feel like I shouldn't be upset.
    I'm 20 but feel 12 when things like this happen

ReputationRep:
    Emotions for me are a inner child, our vulnerable, truthful sides and family is really personal, we want good relationships with family and when it is not that way it hurts, more if you see someone hurting themselves, the world, their loved one and so hurt inside and aggressive side just trying to cover the grief and fear they hold inside and do not accept showing.

ReputationRep:
    That's what happens when you deny man of his kfc chicken

(Original post by Dr Savage)
    That's what happens when you deny man of his kfc chicken
    Author of post..
    or this is what happens when addiction controls your family life and makes you feel like those who should love you would be better off when you are dead.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.