Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Is anyone thinking of applying for Animal Biology for next year? I applied last year but was not ready to start university yet, and so I'm giving it another go this year. However, I was put off at the open day as during the subject talk, one of the lecturers mentioned working with farmers and companies that artificially inseminate cows, I'm not sure how I feel about this or whether it is something that is compulsory within this course, as it is against my ethics to take part in such things.

Any advice or reply would be grateful. Thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by helpmelucy)
    Hello,

Is anyone thinking of applying for Animal Biology for next year? I applied last year but was not ready to start university yet, and so I'm giving it another go this year. However, I was put off at the open day as during the subject talk, one of the lecturers mentioned working with farmers and companies that artificially inseminate cows, I'm not sure how I feel about this or whether it is something that is compulsory within this course, as it is against my ethics to take part in such things.

Any advice or reply would be grateful. Thanks
    Hey helpmelucy

I have spoken to one of the lecturers from our School of School of Animal, Rural and Environmental Sciences about your concern of potentially working with farmers and companies that artificially inseminate cows. She has said:

"There is potentially the opportunity to go to an artifical inseminate facility as part of the course but it isn’t compulsory. It is something that would be discussed in modules as it is part of the production industry but they aren’t actively involved in the AI process."

I hope this has eased your concerns but if you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask

Chris - NTU Rep

Connect with NTU
    Keep up with our daily stories on Facebook.

Follow our Twitter for student news.

Explore our campuses with Instagram.

See what life at NTU is like on our Youtube.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much!! It's definitely helped

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.