How are you finding the TSR app now? Watch

Announcements
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Now the app has been out for a few months, we were wondering how you are finding it?

• What you like about it?
    • What you don't like?
    • What's working?
    • What's not?
    • What can be improved?
    • What's missing that you would looove to see?

We have a few things up our sleeves coming soon including profile pages, being able to access other TSR content and new personalised feeds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    Now the app has been out for a few months, we were wondering how you are finding it?

• What you like about it?
    • What you don't like?
    • What's working?
    • What's not?
    • What can be improved?
    • What's missing that you would looove to see?

We have a few things up our sleeves coming soon including profile pages, being able to access other TSR content and new personalised feeds.
    why cant you report posts on the app? its all i use and can no longer report triggering posts or posts where people that need more support for rule breaking stuff on the app!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    why cant you report posts on the app? its all i use and can no longer report triggering posts or posts where people that need more support for rule breaking stuff on the app!
    Press and hold down on the post. After a moment a few options appear - one of these is Report.

ReputationRep:
    messages doesnt work on it

ReputationRep:
    Latex doesnt show up on the app

ReputationRep:
    I don't see what the point of the app is when the mobile version works so well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sinfonietta)
    Press and hold down on the post. After a moment a few options appear - one of these is Report.
    i just get a quote option...
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    i just get a quote option...
    Interesting, you will need to upgrade to the new app version as it sounds like you are still on an old version

ReputationRep:
    When you're scrolling through a list of threads it seems quite laggy.
    also, occasionally when I scroll up and let go it just goes back down to wherever I just scrolled from, and it'll keep doing that until I scroll down instead.

And one I've just noticed, I've pressed reply to this thread and I get the tiniest amount of space to type my reply (I can only view 1 and a bit lines before I'd have to scroll up to read the rest of what I've already written)

hope that's useful
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stevo F)
    When you're scrolling through a list of threads it seems quite laggy.
    also, occasionally when I scroll up and let go it just goes back down to wherever I just scrolled from, and it'll keep doing that until I scroll down instead.

And one I've just noticed, I've pressed reply to this thread and I get the tiniest amount of space to type my reply (I can only view 1 and a bit lines before I'd have to scroll up to read the rest of what I've already written)

hope that's useful
    Thank you, is that on Android?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, is that on Android?
    It is yep.
    As I was typing this reply the app just closed itself for no reason so I had to type it again

ReputationRep:
    There's an app?

ReputationRep:
    Interesting, you will need to upgrade to the new app version as it sounds like you are still on an old version
    ahhh yeah just done an update. i think i was still on the beta version. odd it didnt uodate automatically as i have my phone set so all my apps update when they require it...
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    ahhh yeah just done an update. i think i was still on the beta version. odd it didnt uodate automatically as i have my phone set so all my apps update when they require it...
    Ah, if you were on Beta that will be the problem. It's actually like a completely different app as it's not downloaded from the store, so automatics wouldn't be activated until the main one on the store is downloaded Anyway, I'm glad you have it now Let us know what else we can improve once you've played around more
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Ah, if you were on Beta that will be the problem. It's actually like a completely different app as it's not downloaded from the store, so automatics wouldn't be activated until the main one on the store is downloaded Anyway, I'm glad you have it now Let us know what else we can improve once you've played around more
    Have you just rolled an update? More content per page is looking good
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    Have you just rolled an update? More content per page is looking good
    We have! It included some space chopping We can probably chip away a bit more later too.

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I am reading your forum. I like this but I am new to join it. So plz help me.
    Thank you
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gauri123)
    Hello,
    I am reading your forum. I like this but I am new to join it. So plz help me.
    Thank you
    Welcome! What do you need help with?

ReputationRep:
    In the maths forum latex is used, however on the app it just come up with the actual text the poster types and not the nice latex version.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    The size of the input box, and the fact it clips the bottom line still makes it pretty much unusable.

e.g.
    Name:  1509581582503.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  77.4 KB

Trying to type a long answer is impossible. And spotting typos on the bottom line is also, er, tricky.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.