ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    Now the app has been out for a few months, we were wondering how you are finding it?

• What you like about it?
    • What you don't like?
    • What's working?
    • What's not?
    • What can be improved?
    • What's missing that you would looove to see?

We have a few things up our sleeves coming soon including profile pages, being able to access other TSR content and new personalised feeds.
    I don't know whether the buttons have recently been changed around but I've reported a few posts by mistake when I mean to reply to them! Is it possible to add a guard to reporting like an 'are you sure' button after you click on it?
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by ax12)
    I don't know whether the buttons have recently been changed around but I've reported a few posts by mistake when I mean to reply to them! Is it possible to add a guard to reporting like an 'are you sure' button after you click on it?
    Yes, we are going to add in a second step with more details for reporting in the coming weeks hopefully. I think it would also help to swap edit with report.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    Now the app has been out for a few months, we were wondering how you are finding it?

• What you like about it?
    • What you don't like?
    • What's working?
    • What's not?
    • What can be improved?
    • What's missing that you would looove to see?

We have a few things up our sleeves coming soon including profile pages, being able to access other TSR content and new personalised feeds.
    Hi CJ,

Embedding media like videos would be great. For some reason, I am no longer able to upload images using the app, since updating.

Also, I am hoping for the square bracket fornatting code thingy to be resolved, as well as the issue with quoting of segmented posts (it still exists).

ReputationRep:
    It's brilliant! To be fair I only recently started using it to be entered into the competition thing but it is far nicer to use than the desktop version! I'm going to download it on my iPad too. It works great!

ReputationRep:
    Refresh button isn't like the one on old app which is annoying.

ReputationRep:
    It flickers quite a lot. I could be scrolling through the latest posts and all of a sudden I'm taken back 5-6 posts further up. Also, when I type a reply the text box doesn't get bigger meaning the last line of my reply is half-cut off which is really frustrating. It takes a long time for a rep to be acknowledged.

ReputationRep:
    Also, highlighting text from a post certainly isn't as straightforward as expected. I've tried many times to highlight text from a post, but the app keeps wanting me to quote the post in a response.

I know I could tap quote, then highlight the text and delete the draft (which I have done in the past), but 1) it's a faff, and 2) the box that the post is typed in can make the highlighting bit very inconvenient.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I still prefer the old one cause it was plain, simple and easy to use. This one is just all over the place and looks like it was designed by a 5 year old so I’ve not used the app.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.