Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a passion for writing, reading, books and particularly non-fiction literature. However, I have not studied the subject in education as I developed my skill through my technology degree such as creating blogs and such.

However, what else can I do with my writing skills apart from freelance writing/blogging?

What about publishing? Teaching/tutoring?

ReputationRep:
    you can write

words

on paper

Spoiler:
    Show

but seriously, you should try doing an English course which involves creative writing or another form of writing
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnEvolvedApe)
    I have a passion for writing, reading, books and particularly non-fiction literature. However, I have not studied the subject in education as I developed my skill through my technology degree such as creating blogs and such.

However, what else can I do with my writing skills apart from freelance writing/blogging?

What about publishing? Teaching/tutoring?
    You can do all of those things. By publishing do you mean writing books or going into the publication sector and working in journalism, newspapers, magazines and websites?

I've worked in online publishing since my A-level days without any writing qualifications (well, except GCSE English Lit and Lang).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    You can do all of those things. By publishing do you mean writing books or going into the publication sector and working in journalism, newspapers, magazines and websites?

I've worked in online publishing since my A-level days without any writing qualifications (well, except GCSE English Lit and Lang).
    Yes. I am wondering if there are ways of getting into a publishing company of some sort.

ReputationRep:
    Publishing is a good idea and would suit you, but it is quite hard to get into. Getting some kind of work experience would be the key here. My family member studied English at university and did a lot of activities like running the student newspaper. Within three months of graduating, she managed to land a fixed contract job at an educational publishers, where she picked up a lot of skills. At the end, her contract was never extended so she moved back home. She spent seven months applying for publishing jobs before she found a new job.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.