Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Waiting 2 weeks before taking another test is bloody ridiculous Watch

ReputationRep:
    It's ridiclous if you just barely failed.

Fair enough for them making you wait two weeks and taking more lessons if you obviously were unprepared for the first test and got something like 3 majors and 10 minors, but if you did everything perfectly and only failed by touching the curb slightly once, I think that is not indicative that you need 2 weeks worth of time to improve up to an acceptable standard.

All this serves to do is cause you become rustier before your next test.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's more to do with busy booking schedules for examiners as much as it making you wait. They can only test so many people a day and unless they get a cancellation, youll have to wait. Earliest i could get was 4 weeks and i thought that was fast.

ReputationRep:
    When I booked my first test I had to wait 6 weeks. I failed on 11 minors and 1 major. I rebooked my test the next day and had to wait 4 weeks. Passed with 1 minor.

They are testing lots of other people, not just you, you do know that right? Lots of people are learning to drive and have their tests at the same time you want them, they just got there first when it came to booking them. So in these 2 weeks all day every day people are taking their tests.

ReputationRep:
    What he’s referring to are the current regulations that state you must wait 10 working days before retaking
    But if you think your driving will decline in that amount of time you shouldn’t be driving anyway!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.