The Student Room Group

How to enter predicted grades in UCAS application?

I know that the referee is supposed to enter it. I've completed everything else, but it won't let me pay/send without filling in the grades. I've put in my A2 subject choices, qualification dates (when I did the exams), exam boards etc and I left the grades as "pending."

But how do I get it sent to my referee when it won't let me continue because the "grade is mandatory for completed examinations"? Am I missing something? Please explain.
Reply 1
Original post by Anygy
I know that the referee is supposed to enter it. I've completed everything else, but it won't let me pay/send without filling in the grades. I've put in my A2 subject choices, qualification dates (when I did the exams), exam boards etc and I left the grades as "pending."

But how do I get it sent to my referee when it won't let me continue because the "grade is mandatory for completed examinations"? Am I missing something? Please explain.

Maybe you've entered the wrong dates for your pending A Levels? If you are sitting them this year they should be set to 2018.

If you can't find out what's wrong, call up the UCAS hotline citing technical problems - as you've said, you don't enter the predicted grades yourself.
Original post by Anygy

Get your predicted grades from your teachers and fill them in the application.
Original post by Ed5
Maybe you've entered the wrong dates for your pending A Levels? If you are sitting them this year they should be set to 2018.

If you can't find out what's wrong, call up the UCAS hotline citing technical problems - as you've said, you don't enter the predicted grades yourself.

That is true! I set the date to 2017! I am still a little confused though... so would this be correct for example:

Biology
Qualification date: 2018
Grade: pending

So do I just put my predicted grades in as my A Level grades for 2018? Does that make sense?
Reply 4
Original post by Anygy
That is true! I set the date to 2017! I am still a little confused though... so would this be correct for example:

Biology
Qualification date: 2018
Grade: pending

So do I just put my predicted grades in as my A Level grades for 2018? Does that make sense?

Yeah that's right but noooo you should 100% not be claiming to have achieved these grades when they are only predicted ones. If you do have to enter them in UCAS (which would be different to when I did mine last year), there would be a section for it surely?
Original post by MrDoggyPants
Get your predicted grades from your teachers and fill them in the application.

Wrong, you put the grades for 2018 as pending. Your referee enters your predictions. Doing what you said would lead to a cancelled application
Original post by HeadHoncho
Wrong, you put the grades for 2018 as pending. Your referee enters your predictions. Doing what you said would lead to a cancelled application

My bad.
Original post by Ed5
Yeah that's right but noooo you should 100% not be claiming to have achieved these grades when they are only predicted ones. If you do have to enter them in UCAS (which would be different to when I did mine last year), there would be a section for it surely?

I was thinking this too, but then I thought that because I put the qualification date down as 2018, maybe the uni's would know that I haven't done the exams yet (thus the grades I entered are only predicted) I don't know...

There doesn't seem to be an option for predictions. Only AS results....

And my teachers are giving me completely contradictory guidance.......:colonhash:

If I apply as an individual, does my referee write my predicted grades right into the text field or is there a specific form to be filled ?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by goonhoon
If I apply as an individual, does my referee write my predicted grades right into the text field or is there a specific form to be filled ?

my question to
Original post by goonhoon

In your case you have to complete the form, then i think pay and ucas will then send the application to your nominated referee and they can enter your predictions. If youre very confused id recommend just messaging ucas on facebook messenger if you have it, they reply really quickly
Reply 11

Original post by Anygy

As he said, you should just contact UCAS, either by their hotline or messenger. It makes much more sense to simply ask than to risk being disqualified before you even step out the door.
Reply 12
How and where?

Quick Reply

Latest