Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I was an idiot and didn't send off my student finance declaration form till last week because I was totally unaware that I had to send one off due to teachers saying I had completed my form and don't need to etc etc. I need my maintenance loan to kick in before the 24th October because that's when I need to start paying for my accommodation. Does anyone know if I will have the money before then?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ediemc)
    So I was an idiot and didn't send off my student finance declaration form till last week because I was totally unaware that I had to send one off due to teachers saying I had completed my form and don't need to etc etc. I need my maintenance loan to kick in before the 24th October because that's when I need to start paying for my accommodation. Does anyone know if I will have the money before then?
    Hi Ediemc

The payment date on your schedule is an expected date, it coincides with the start of your course on the database.

Once your declaration is received and scanned on, currently this is taking five working days. If this is the first year you are applying for a loan, we will then send your National Insurance Number to the Department of Work and Pensions to be validated.

This is a Wednesday to Wednesday process, once returned as valid and your university have confirmed your registration, the payment will be automatically be submitted and a bank transfer takes three to five working days.

Thanks Rona

ReputationRep:
    Does it matter if I have registered for uni before sending off my declaration form ie. will this effect how long it takes for my money to start coming in?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ediemc)
    Does it matter if I have registered for uni before sending off my declaration form ie. will this effect how long it takes for my money to start coming in?

Hi Ediemc,

We need your application to be fully approved before we can make any payments to you.

Once your Customer Declaration is received and processed, the status of your application will change to approved,.

Once approved as long as we have confirmation of registration from your university, then your payment will be submitted.

A bank transfer takes three to five working days.

If this is the first year you have applied for a loan, there is one final process that has to take place once your declaration form is received, we need to validate your National Insurance Number with The Department of Work and Pensions before the payment can be submitted.

This only happens in the first year you are applying for a loan.

Thanks Rona

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.