Turn on thread page Beta

At what point do you feel like an adult? watch

ReputationRep:
    As I work in a university student bar, I played Wonderwall the other day from YouTube and they all looked at me in astonishment as I sung along. "Wonder-who?" they asked.

This is when your age hits you.

ReputationRep:
    When I started working full-time during nights. It took me a while to accept that this is my life now and I can't be whining and complaining about what I want or what I could have blablabla and instead just got on with it. After gaining the discipline to be able to be reliable at work, having others rely on me as I become the kind of person to just get things done around the house without nagging other people because I know if something has to be done then beating around the bush is wasting time.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    You never feel like an adult - anyone who says they do is just faking it :ninjagirl:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Never, really. You get to a certain point and your brain just stops ageing. (not physically obviously, I mean in how you feel)

ReputationRep:
    I definitely feel like an adult. Although I've moved out of the family home, have a job, graduated uni twice, don't take any **** from people from work and can stand up for myself, the main thing that makes me feel older than most people my age is how much I've been through.

Also my boyfriend's daughter classing music etc from the late 90s/early 2000's as "old" freaks me out a bit

ReputationRep:
    it never happens until u act like one😝
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I felt a bit like an adult when I had a girlfriend that worked for EGX in London and we were living together, cooked each other food + had allocated chores lol. Going to Paris on valentines day and random trips like that.

Now I feel like a kid being single and trolling tsr again :laugh: And I can't be arsed travelling when I'm single. It's not as fun.

I reckon once I have another serious relationship and I have a lot of money + my own house I'll feel like an adult again I'll prob be taking another break from TSR again at that point. Until we get divorced or break up rofl. Then back to trolling.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.