Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,
    I really got interested in the "go global" initiative offered by the Uni, and I am just wondering if it is possible to spend a few years outside, as an undergraduate student.
    For example: 1st year in Edinburgh, 2nd in some other European country (the Erasmus), 3rd in Malaysia or Dubai (on another Heriot-Watt campus) , and the 4th, well - there is always the "normal" Exchange programme. 😁
    Do you guys know if there is some kind of a limitation in this regard?
    Cheers!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi Shin45,

Great to hear that you're interested in Go Global!

It certainly is possible. Last week I was chatting to one of our Structural Engineering students, Jacob (who featured in our Go Global video!). He took part in an Inter-Campus Transfer to Dubai and has also done an Exchange year to Calgary in Canada. We also have another student, Antonia, who went to Dubai on an Inter-Campus Transfer last year and is now studying in Europe on the Erasmus+ programme.

A couple of factors that need to be taken into account are the course that you're studying and your fee status (e.g. Scottish, rest of UK, European or international). Can you let me know what these are and I'll see what is possible for you?

If you haven't already, check out our Go Global blogs written by students who have taken part in Inter-Campus Transfers, Exchange or Erasmus+.

Carole

(Original post by Shin45)
    Hi there,
    I really got interested in the "go global" initiative offered by the Uni, and I am just wondering if it is possible to spend a few years outside, as an undergraduate student.
    For example: 1st year in Edinburgh, 2nd in some other European country (the Erasmus), 3rd in Malaysia or Dubai (on another Heriot-Watt campus) , and the 4th, well - there is always the "normal" Exchange programme. 😁
    Do you guys know if there is some kind of a limitation in this regard?
    Cheers!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.