Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    New to law at uni, a visiting judge will be giving a 2 hour seminar. Thought of going but not sure what it would entail as you couldn't really prepare for it and it is not directly related to the course. Is it more like a mini lecture? As I don't know a lot about Martial Law and in discussion would be limited.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Go and learn. Anything legal is relevant to the course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.)
    Go and learn. Anything legal is relevant to the course.
    Yeah, I am interested in going as he they detailed him as the top judge regarding Martial Law. I just wondered if these types of things are more of a mini-lecture or more of a discussion as I would not be best equipped to engage in such discussion in this area of law.
    Chances are I will go just to see what it is like and will know for future visits from other judges.

ReputationRep:
    My bad, it's just Military Law, Martial Law is not quite that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chichaldo)
    Yeah, I am interested in going as he they detailed him as the top judge regarding Martial Law. I just wondered if these types of things are more of a mini-lecture or more of a discussion as I would not be best equipped to engage in such discussion in this area of law.
    Chances are I will go just to see what it is like and will know for future visits from other judges.
    You are probably going to learn more from them than Lord Neuberger waffling on about the state of the bar when he was entering the profession.

The more you know about the law, the more it will make sense to you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.