Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    In my school we have to do Welsh bacc which is like EPQ in Wales. It doesn't require any time out of lessons and is only 2 hours every week. Because of this should I do 4 AS levels? Currently doing chemistry economics and maths but want to add biology or replace maths with biology
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reece.W.J)
    In my school we have to do Welsh bacc which is like EPQ in Wales. It doesn't require any time out of lessons and is only 2 hours every week. Because of this should I do 4 AS levels? Currently doing chemistry economics and maths but want to add biology or replace maths with biology
    Why would that make you want to do 4AS? I'm confused

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Queenie123)
    Why would that make you want to do 4AS? I'm confused
    Because I want to know if 4 is too much and I'm putting it into context that it's technically 5 but the other is just 2 hours a week. So is 4 manageable or should I swap maths for biology?

ReputationRep:
    Because I want to know if 4 is too much and I'm putting it into context that it's technically 5 but the other is just 2 hours a week. So is 4 manageable or should I swap maths for biology?
    Ah ok, I was confused because you said:
    Because of this should I do 4 AS levels?
    If you do 4 AS, will you continue them onto A2? I'm asking because, due to the new linear A levels, AS qualifications are worth less, so it may be better to just focus on the three subjects you want to do at A2. However, if you think you can handle 4 full A levels, then I think you can do it, and I don't think the extra two hours a week taken up by Welsh Bacc will have an impact.

What are you planning to do at uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Queenie123)
    If you do 4 AS, will you continue them onto A2? I'm asking because, due to the new linear A levels, AS qualifications are worth less, so it may be better to just focus on the three subjects you want to do at A2. However, if you think you can handle 4 full A levels, then I think you can do it, and I don't think the extra two hours a week taken up by Welsh Bacc will have an impact.

What are you planning to do at uni?
    I'm in wales (WJEC) so not currently on linear courses. I will drop one going into year 13 but might drop one sooner (probably maths) not sure what I want to do but have been looking at biochemistry

ReputationRep:
    I'm in wales (WJEC) so not currently on linear courses. I will drop one going into year 13 but might drop one sooner (probably maths) not sure what I want to do but have been looking at biochemistry
    Ah ok, well for biochemistry, you don't need economics, so maybe you should just do: maths, biology and chemistry. That would be a strong combination and would also mean that you have more time to focus on just three subjects, resulting in better grades

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.