Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I have recently learnt that I have been granted a place to study abroad within Europe and am eligible to apply for the study abroad travel grants.
    Please can you advise where the form is to complete it on the government website as I have not been able to locate this or any help line following entering in my usual student details. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by Amy Nguyen)
    Hello,
    I have recently learnt that I have been granted a place to study abroad within Europe and am eligible to apply for the study abroad travel grants.
    Please can you advise where the form is to complete it on the government website as I have not been able to locate this or any help line following entering in my usual student details. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you!

Hi Amy Nguyen,

The application for students travel grant will be carried out automatically by our assessment team depending on the information provided by the student on their main application for funding.
    If students are eligible then a claim form will automatically be sent to them. Deadline is for the main income assessed application to be submitted within 9 months of the start of the academic year. Thanks Rona

ReputationRep:
    Hi Rona,
    Thanks for your message. How will the assessment team know that I am applying for the term abroad? Please can you send me a link so I can ensure i follow the correct steps. I will be going in January so would like to apply now.
    Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.
    Best wishes,
    Amy

(Original post by Rona SFE)
    Hi Amy Nguyen,

The application for students travel grant will be carried out automatically by our assessment team depending on the information provided by the student on their main application for funding.
    If students are eligible then a claim form will automatically be sent to them. Deadline is for the main income assessed application to be submitted within 9 months of the start of the academic year. Thanks Rona
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi Rona,
    Thanks for your message. How will the assessment team know that I am applying for the term abroad? Please can you send me a link so I can ensure i follow the correct steps. I will be going in January so would like to apply now.
    Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.
    Best wishes,
    Amy
    Hi Amy Nguyen,

On the section about your course and university or college on the application, it will ask if you're studying abroad.

Thanks Katie

ReputationRep:
    Hi Katie,
    I'm slightly confused. I've already got a PG approved loan for 2017/2018. How do I navigate my account to then apply for the funding? I did not know that I was going on an exchange when i applied via student finance. Thank you.
    Amy
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi Katie,
    I'm slightly confused. I've already got a PG approved loan for 2017/2018. How do I navigate my account to then apply for the funding? I did not know that I was going on an exchange when i applied via student finance. Thank you.
    Amy
    Hi Amy,

When you say you have a "PG approved loan" are you on a Masters course with a Postgraduate Loan?

Thanks,

Stuart

ReputationRep:
    Hi Stuart,
    Thank you for your message - yes that is correct.
    Best wishes,
    Amy Nguyen

(Original post by Stuart SFE)
    Hi Amy,

When you say you have a "PG approved loan" are you on a Masters course with a Postgraduate Loan?

Thanks,

Stuart
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi Stuart,
    Thank you for your message - yes that is correct.
    Best wishes,
    Amy Nguyen
    Hi Amy,

Although students are able to undertake periods of attendance abroad during their Master's course and remain eligible for a Postgraduate Loan there is no separate travel grant available.

I would advise checking with your university for other funding sources that may be available.

Regards,

Stuart

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.