Las Vegas Shooting 2017
    Stephen Paddock - Mass murderer

Ali Muhammad shooting 2014
    Ali Muhammad - Terrorism

San Bernardino shooting 2016
    Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik - Terrorism

Orlando Nightclub shooting 2016
    Omar Mateen - Terrorism

The only country that had the balls to label a non muslim as a terrorist was Norway and America only labelled non muslims as terrorists before 9/11. Now the definition of terrorism has shifted so much that it's practically impossible for a non muslim to be convicted of terrorism. Pretty ****ing sad really.

I think whether you're doing it out of hatred, for political reasons, for revenge or whatever the excuse may be, if you inflict terror onto people, you're a terrorist, end of story.

ReputationRep:
    Two words: white privilege.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrotskyiteRebel)
    Two words... white privilege.
    Dude, im muslim and this **** called white privilege doesnt exist. Liberals u seriously need to stop dragging muslims into your nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if a Muslim walked into a church and executed a bunch of people would he be convicted of mass murder / hate crimes? Of course he wouldn't, he would be labelled a terrorist.

I actually cannot believe Trump didn't use the word terrorist / terrorism in his speech about las vegas, even las vegas law stipulates that it was an act of terrorism. I hate act like a white knight or whatever but there is some serious discrimination going on if it's a muslim or a non muslim doing to killing, two different phrases are used.

non muslim = mass murderer
    muslim = terrorist

We need to have the courage to stand up and acknowledge terrorism when it's conducted by non muslims.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waleed99)
    Dude, im muslim and this **** called white privilege doesnt exist. Liberals u seriously need to stop dragging muslims into your nonsense.
    Why are they not classified as terrorists then?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Because the three attacks carried out by Muslims were in support of Daesh.

It is a pretty stupid question, even by TSR standards.

ReputationRep:
    Terrorism has to have a political agenda or it's not terrorism. The IRA were terrorists - they were white and Catholic!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMR2017)
    Why are they not classified as terrorists then?
    I've never seen anyone who said that the Las Vegas shooter isn't a terrorist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nutz99)
    Terrorism has to have a political agenda or it's not terrorism. The IRA were terrorists - they were white and Catholic!
    we get it...very cliche tired and played out deflection

ReputationRep:
    The Finsbury Park attacker was called a terrorist, the IRA have been called terrorists, Anders Breivik has been called a terrorist. Dylan Roof has been called a terrorist. Binghamton and Aurora had no political/ideological/religious motive so by most definitions that wouldn't be classed as terrorism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Just4Poll)
    I think whether you're doing it out of hatred, for political reasons, for revenge or whatever the excuse may be, if you inflict terror onto people, you're a terrorist, end of story.
    I suggest you look up the definition of terrorism as it applies to the UK and you'll see why you're wrong.

Ever heard of the IRA?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waleed99)
    I've never seen anyone who said that the Las Vegas shooter isn't a terrorist.
    I have seen plenty.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bang Outta Order)
    The poster gave you the definition of terrorism. That is not a deflection, unless using basic logic is deflecting the point.

Take the OED:

The unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

James Holmes and others had no political aims. That was not the stated motivations for their actions. Anders Breivik, on the other hand, had a political motive and his acts were terroristic.

ReputationRep:
    It's been defined over and over again, even on tsr, that terrorism is when it was done for political reasons. That means even as little as one person was simply held hostage by someone trying to bring down the state or something using that single hostage as a sacrifice or something stupid and psychotic. Terrorism is more of a conspiracy, a cat-and-mouse game to find or catch or stop the main culprit(s) of this elaborate scheme.

A mass murderer killing someone because he's a sociopath who had a bad day like Elliot is different.

Ok?

ReputationRep:
    One word: definitions.

Terrorism and terrorists need a background of ideology. I.e. when the Irish blew up stuff, those were terrorists 'cos they had an ideological motive for doing what they did.

If I get a gun and start murdering teenage girls 'cos they don't wanna **** me, I ain't a terrorist, I am merely a mass murdering lunatic (although terrorists are mass murdering lunatics, they aren't just that)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bang Outta Order)
    Just clarifying it for the drongos

ReputationRep:
    They're not?

Ever?

ReputationRep:
    Or maybe because a terrorist has to have a political motivation and as far as we know he didn't?????

ReputationRep:
    Come on people Donald trump called the Las Vegas man a sick man and not a terrorist why didn't he call him a terrorist ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
    One word: definitions.
    lol...I actually laughed, good one

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.