Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!!

I am just wondering how much I should write in my personal statement about my experience in a veterinary practice. Nottingham Trent requires that you work a minimum of 2 weeks in a veterinary practice, which I have done. UCAS only lets you use 4000 characters to write your personal statement- currently I have wrote my introduction, why I want to apply for the course + why I'm interested in it, previous education and my experience in a veterinary practice. However I still need to write about my experience volunteering in kennels, wildlife rescue, the zoo and working with work dogs. These are just as important as the veterinary work experience but I've ran out of room! (Nottingham Trent specifically ask you to write about it and any other experience with animals in your personal statement)

Please can anyone offer me advice? I know I need to write less but if anyone can advise what the university is most looking for in my veterinary practice experience, I would be very grateful, thank you!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayman1056)
    Hi guys!!

I am just wondering how much I should write in my personal statement about my experience in a veterinary practice. Nottingham Trent requires that you work a minimum of 2 weeks in a veterinary practice, which I have done. UCAS only lets you use 4000 characters to write your personal statement- currently I have wrote my introduction, why I want to apply for the course + why I'm interested in it, previous education and my experience in a veterinary practice. However I still need to write about my experience volunteering in kennels, wildlife rescue, the zoo and working with work dogs. These are just as important as the veterinary work experience but I've ran out of room! (Nottingham Trent specifically ask you to write about it and any other experience with animals in your personal statement)

Please can anyone offer me advice? I know I need to write less but if anyone can advise what the university is most looking for in my veterinary practice experience, I would be very grateful, thank you!
    Hey rayman1056

Great to hear that you are considering applying to NTU!

I have spoken to the course leader for Veterinary Nursing and they have told me the following:

"We advise that you mention how much you have done, when and where in your personal statement. We send all applicants who meet our basic entry criteria (and have stated they have the requisite experience) a work experience form post-application. This then allows you to expand on your specific work-experience from your personal statement. It means you can concentrate on the other experiences you have on the statement."

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions

Chris - NTU Rep

Connect with NTU
    Keep up with our daily stories on Facebook.

Follow our Twitter for student news.

Explore our campuses with Instagram.

See what life at NTU is like on our Youtube.
    • TSR Community Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!!

Little Tail Chaser can you help this member?
    • TSR Community Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!!

Can I ask why you have written about your previous education? That will be listed in your UCAS form so you shouldn't need to waste characters on that.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.