Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Been lied to and feel like **** Watch

ReputationRep:
    i was speaking to this girl for a few months and we really got on and she kept confessing she really liked me etc. However she one day randomly says she doesnt want a relationship but apparently still likes me, and then a few days later shes on some other boy, yes i got played ahah. But i keep thinking its something I did wrong and I keep feeling terrible and down about it so any advice just how to get over it.
    (I don't exactly get many girls so its not like I can just speak to someone else)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NAMAS)
    i was speaking to this girl for a few months and we really got on and she kept confessing she really liked me etc. However she one day randomly says she doesnt want a relationship but apparently still likes me, and then a few days later shes on some other boy, yes i got played ahah. But i keep thinking its something I did wrong and I keep feeling terrible and down about it so any advice just how to get over it.
    (I don't exactly get many girls so its not like I can just speak to someone else)
    dunno how old you are but my simple advice is this: she most likely isnt the only girl who will ever show interest in you
    you didnt do anything wrong, if the entire time until before she rejected you you were polite and stuff like that then youre not in the wrong in any way. the best way you can get over this is do things you enjoy (movies, games, etc) and remember that hey, shes not gonna be the only girl on the planet who has an interest in you.
    in a way you might have dodged a bullet, but thats not for me to say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priincee)
    dunno how old you are but my simple advice is this: she most likely isnt the only girl who will ever show interest in you
    you didnt do anything wrong, if the entire time until before she rejected you you were polite and stuff like that then youre not in the wrong in any way. the best way you can get over this is do things you enjoy (movies, games, etc) and remember that hey, shes not gonna be the only girl on the planet who has an interest in you.
    in a way you might have dodged a bullet, but thats not for me to say
    I'm 17 and she was so pretty so i guess i should have realised, thankyou !

ReputationRep:
    What happened could have been down to a number of reasons; you weren't necessarily "played". You's weren't in a relationship with one another and nothing had happened (unless something did), but sometimes people feel the same thing for more than one person and perhaps she saw your friendship as more important (please, if anyone says you have "been friend-zoned", tell them to grow up). I agree with the above poster - I highly doubt this will be the only time someone will be interested in you. If there is anything to learn from it, then do.

ReputationRep:
    you are 17 so you are probably just another guy in his teens who doesn't understand the nature of women, what happened to you is totally normal when it comes to women, they will say things which they don't really mean, and also many or most girls these days are always trying to get a guy who has a higher value then the guy they are with. So even if you get with a girl, and things seem to go well, you should not take that as a given because at any moment for a variety of different reasons the girl can just all of sudden not want to be with you even if you did not do anything wrong.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 5, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.