Turn on thread page Beta

University Transfer for Final Year of Audiology watch

    • Thread Starter

    Hi, I have been very confused for the past couple of weeks and don't really know who to ask for advice on this situation. I am currently an undergraduate Audiology student and have just completed my second year. Due to extenuating circumstances I was not able to perform to the best of my ability, and well I am not able to complete my final year at my university. I am gutted because it is 2 years worth of hard work put in and I just enjoy patient care a lot and can't imagine myself doing anything else. I have spoken to progression and career support team at my university and they advised me that if it is Audiology that I want to pursue then I should perhaps take a gap year and work in the field so I can stay in practice. I have been granted a diploma in Higher Education so this would help to apply for band 4 Jobs within the NHS, clinics or places such as specs avers & boots.

    In the mean time I have also been asked to get in touch with other institutions whether I can complete my final year at their university next year. Only a limited amount of universities offer Audiology, and majority of them do not take final year transfers. Although university of Manchester and Leeds suggested that I try near summer time as they may have vacancies, as this time of year all students on the program have been allocated placements already. Honestly even if it means studying abroad or anywhere to complete my final year I do not mind at all. I just really want to complete my degree in Audiology. I was hoping whether anyone could suggest what the best thing to do here?Any ideas or Advice? How does the process of transferring works?
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 5, 2017
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.