Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am 4 weeks into Sixth Form and after having remarks back, only one went up which has made me scared as now I am worried about whether i'll be able to study medicine at a good university. In my GCSEs i attained:
    A* -Chemistry
    A* -Biology
    8 -English Literature
    8- Maths
    A -Physics
    A -Geography
    A -Religious Studies
    6 -English Language
    C - German
    C - Design & Technology
    I have had a look through entry requirements and knowing medicine is very competitive it makes me quite worried as there will be people with much better grades than myself. I have also studied at a Grammar school so will unis take this into account as they're not as good grades as they should be?
    Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Yes you can still study medicine at a decent university. Medicine is one of those courses where the university you're studying at doesn't matter. At the end, you still get the same degree and prospects. It's a common misconception that you need 10A*s to study medicine. With your grades I'd say about 80% of the universities are still open as options to you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.