Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How often should you wash your hair? Watch

• Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    How often should you wash your hair? Does it depend on type? Is there a 'right' amount? :bath:

I find that every other day is good for my hair, too often and it goes too dry, not enough and it goes greasy, as expected.

And how much shampoo do you use? I end up using quite a bit to feel like my hair is clean which probably isn't good for it

ReputationRep:
    I wash it every 3 days, seems to be working.

ReputationRep:
    It's less about washing and more about deep conditions :flutter:

ReputationRep:
    Also it's about your hair type. Some tresses lock in moisture better than others and use the natural oils. If you have straight stringy hair you'd probably wanna wash and put hair lotion frequently.
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casisalive)
    I wash it every 3 days, seems to be working.
    What hair type do you have?
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salt Queen)
    It's less about washing and more about deep conditions :flutter:
    How do you deep condition?

(Original post by Salt Queen)
    Also it's about your hair type. Some tresses lock in moisture better than others and use the natural oils. If you have straight stringy hair you'd probably wanna wash and put hair lotion frequently.
    So if you have curly hair, does it stay cleaner for longer?

ReputationRep:
    i find 2-3 days works best for me, but depends on your hair type really

ReputationRep:
    just wash it when it gets greasy lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BurstingBubbles)
    How do you deep condition?

So if you have curly hair, does it stay cleaner for longer?
    Some curly hair gets drier easier so it appreciates natural and product moisture as it replenished the hair; whereas straighter thinner hair sees moisture as a sign of dirt and unwanted oils. It's about hair type. The instructions on how to deep condition are on the bottle. Normally you'd use it as you do shampoo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BurstingBubbles)
    What hair type do you have?
    Im not really sure what type it is but im asian if that matters, its kinda between 2 and 3 on this chart
    http://loreal-dam-front-resources-co...-hair-type.jpg

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.