Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will a teacher be pissed if you send them a e-mail late? Watch

ReputationRep:
    *cough* *cough* I'm just that guy who likes to send things to a teacher very late...

ReputationRep:
    I don't know. But I'm at uni and recently I submitted an assignment the day it was assigned and he called me out in front of everyone when all he had to do was take it and shut the hell up. Then no one would've known I wasn't listening to a thing he was saying.

Then he asks me sarcastically, "why do you come if you don't need to?" Excuse me? If I don't come I'll be dropped and fined won't I? 😒 Ugh.

Anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salt Queen)
    I don't know. But I'm at uni and recently I submitted an assignment the day it was assigned and he called me out in front of everyone when all he had to do was take it and shut the hell up. Then no one would've known I wasn't listening to a thing he was saying.

Then he asks me sarcastically, "why do you come if you don't need to?" Excuse me? If I don't come I'll be dropped and fined won't I? 😒 Ugh.

Anyway
    Dang, that's sour. I'm happy my teach is known to be smiling everyday for no reason. 😅
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Late in the evening you mean? Nah, it's usually fine.

ReputationRep:
    If you mean late as in past the deadline, then yeah. If you mean late as in nighttime then probably not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jang Gwangnam)
    Dang, that's sour. I'm happy my teach is known to be smiling everyday for no reason. 😅
    I looked him up online and found student reviews about him, mostly that he's horrible, I found his LinkedIn AND I found him on Twitter... 😈 the email we're meant to use for this school doesn't work so I found his other school email and sent it to him there and he was all FLABBERGASTED 😂

ReputationRep:
    A few of my teachers have said that they would prefer we're annoying (constant emailing, and emailing late) than confused ona topic. They probably won't check their email after 9pm, but if your teacher seems cool, I doubt he'll mind.

ReputationRep:
    I've always been pretty late emailing work, just be sure to email it before you see them again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellasansom30)
    If you mean late as in past the deadline, then yeah. If you mean late as in nighttime then probably not.
    (Original post by AmeliaLost)
    Late in the evening you mean? Nah, it's usually fine.
    (Original post by _gcx)
    I've always been pretty late emailing work, just be sure to email it before you see them again.
    (Original post by LightTheWorld)
    A few of my teachers have said that they would prefer we're annoying (constant emailing, and emailing late) than confused ona topic. They probably won't check their email after 9pm, but if your teacher seems cool, I doubt he'll mind.
    Thanks for the replies.

I always feel antsy whenever i send a email late, as sometimes the teachers bring it up in the middle of class and then i'm there like 'WHAT HAVE I DONE!?!! *Instant regret*' and such feelings arise.

*sighs* the life of a procrastinating Introvert is hard...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.