Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What is the recommended date to send your uni application? Because it's October and I haven't even got 5 choices, I've only got 2... Not to mention I haven't even started a personal statement.

ReputationRep:
    Apart from Oxbridge and some medicine courses January 15 is the cut off date for UCAS applications for the majority of courses so you still have plenty of time to submit your app.

If doing A levels now, check with school/college if a teacher is supplying a reference as a lot of schools want applications in prior to breaking up for Christmas, as teachers are under pressure to get references completed and they don’t want to be rushing last minute references in just before the deadline.

Go away and research your course and Unis you want to add to your choices over the weekend perhaps, then set yourself your own deadline for completing your PS. A lot of students use half term in October to get it done and the week break is a good time to draft, re-draft, get parents to read and check over, before getting a teacher in school to approve it the first week back in November.

Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bernadette04)
    Apart from Oxbridge and some medicine courses January 15 is the cut off date for UCAS applications for the majority of courses so you still have plenty of time to submit your app.

If doing A levels now, check with school/college if a teacher is supplying a reference as a lot of schools want applications in prior to breaking up for Christmas, as teachers are under pressure to get references completed and they don’t want to be rushing last minute references in just before the deadline.

Go away and research your course and Unis you want to add to your choices over the weekend perhaps, then set yourself your own deadline for completing your PS. A lot of students use half term in October to get it done and the week break is a good time to draft, re-draft, get parents to read and check over, before getting a teacher in school to approve it the first week back in November.

Best of luck.

Thanks mate.

Also do you know if a university will give you less of a chance of being accepted if you sent your application later than most other people. Say you send it on the 14th Jan..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Texxers)
    What is the recommended date to send your uni application? Because it's October and I haven't even got 5 choices, I've only got 2... Not to mention I haven't even started a personal statement.

I'm in your shoes but I got my PS sorted ages ago, I'm still trying to choose three more unis though. Bernadette04 gave some pretty good advice for your PS ^^

All I have to say for your UCAS choices is to just do lots of research and make sure you can see yourself spending the next 3+ years of life in that area. Good luck ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strontium-)
    I'm in your shoes but I got my PS sorted ages ago, I'm still trying to choose three more unis though. Bernadette04 gave some pretty good advice for your PS ^^

All I have to say for your UCAS choices is to just do lots of research and make sure you can see yourself spending the next 3+ years of life in that area. Good luck ^^
    Cheers.

How come you did your PS so early?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks mate.

Also do you know if a university will give you less of a chance of being accepted if you sent your application later than most other people. Say you send it on the 14th Jan..
    As long as you submit your application before the15th January deadline all applicants are treated equally and fairly when their application is read by the university staff. Some Courses in Art and Design have a later March deadline, just to be clear. But no one is under any advantage of getting their app in on October 1st or January 14th as all are treated the same.

Like I said it’s just the under pressure teachers in school/college filling in references that dislike having to be writing references as late as the week they come back after the Christmas holiday. Teachers like to be certain they have it all done and dusted prior to the Christmas break for the majority of students. Let’s face it, if they had huge numbers asking for references in January you can imagine how pressurised they would be to complete them in time.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers.

How come you did your PS so early?

I have a bad habit of procrastinating till the very last minute and I just wanted to get it done as soon as possible you know xD
    What course do you want to apply for? I'm applying for Business Psychology

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.