Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm in year 12, studying maths, further maths and French at a level. I love my teachers and everything lesson-wise is going well, but my mental health is at an all time low. I stayed on at my school's sixth form, and I'm starting to really regret that. I no longer have many close friends, just 2 and they both have their own friendship groups. Often at break and lunch I'll eat alone, my free periods I just do work. I have tried branching out to externals and other people, I am friendly with everybody but I just lack that best friend relationship that I really desire. I struggle with depression, and while my school was supportive about it during year 11, it's starting to feel like I'm a broken record to them. They can't offer much more help and I'm only just starting therapy. I feel like I need a change of scenery. Should I change sixth forms and go to another which I had an offer for? I know we're already a month into the year but I got really good GCSE results (three 9s, 8A*s, 1A) and I feel as though I could persuade the sixth form to take me on.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    to be honest ik wat it feels like to be depressed ik its not fun but friends come and go all the time good grades and education stays with u forever its ur ticket to a good university and amazing job and if u feel lonely join a club with another friend or do ncs in autumn make new friends try talking to the new externals it may seem weird at first, like when i was talking to the new externals it felt weird the first 2 weeks but now i am soo comfortable around them once u keep talking u will feel better each time and get use to it .also this is a mind trick i learnt being depressed and coming in school in that mindset will only make ur day more miserable whereas if u really start looking at thing in a positive way like Evan the smallest of things it can make the biggest difference in your day and u have to think of the fact that there are people who have it worse than you like in other countries where they don't have the luxury of Evan getting a education and are dying of it if u think like that u will slowly get out of the depression constantly reminding yourself that there are people who have things ten times worse.
    hope this made u feel better also there are so many people who started year 12 who are feeling like this Evan i did i was sooo miserable i hated everything most of my best friends moved to a different school i just had to learn and really push my self to make new friends who i feel comfortable with now .

ReputationRep:
    I suffered with bad depression and anxiety (especially social) during high school and still do now however I chose to go to a different sixth form despite everyone trying to convince me to stay. I'd honestly say it's the best decision I've ever made.

It was terrifying to go to this new place with all these new people and teachers especially with my anxiety issues and in the first few days I really regretted it. However I'm in Year 13 now and couldn't be happier with my choice. I feel so much more confident in myself in new situations and made so many new friends with people in the same position as me. I feel like I've progressed so much as a person because of it and I can honestly say I'm going to miss this place when I go off to university.

You have to make sure whatever choice you make is the right one for you. If it doesn't feel right to stay at the sixth form then maybe try a different one. It's your choice to make but I'll be happy to try and answer any questions you may have!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.