Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Too soon to meet his parents? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I’ve been talking to a guy for 5 weeks or so, I met him online, we’ve been on 4 dates. It’s going really well and we enjoy each other’s company. I haven’t had much luck with guys in the past so I’m always quite reserved when it comes to these things. His parents are visiting him this week so we can’t see each other this Saturday as we have been doing. He has invited me to his sisters wedding that will be in Poland next year so that makes me think he foresees me being in his future. Because he asked his sister, she mentioned it to their mum and dad, so they’re intrigued about me and the fact that he has a female is in his life. The only problem is they speak no English and my Polish is quite limited, but he has asked me if I want to visit them this Sunday for a few hours. I think it would be awkward as he will have to act as a translator but they don’t seem to mind about it. I’ve never had a boyfriend so never met anyone’s parents so I’m not sure if this is a good sign. Just wondered how someone else would approach this, it might be a little awkward and like he said there is no pressure and we can postpone to his sisters wedding in about a years time where I would meet them, and I would have time to better my Polish.

Any ideas? Should I just go or would it be too awkward. It also seems rather soon as well.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Kinda depends on you really. If you like him and see a future with him, go ahead. No harm can be done if you see his parents. Also if they want to meet you and you decline, I guess it could be a bit rude in their eyes. But do what you think if right. Also, talk to your bf about this because ultimately, it is between you guys.

ReputationRep:
    Things will fall into place. I met my bf online about 5 years ago now. After we met for the first time I ended up cracking under the pressure and confessing to my parents who let him come over and stay the night. Now we've been together for 3 years and live together. Had I been in control I never would've dreamt of them meeting after our first date but it worked out for the best

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 5, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.