Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I need some help understand something...

I applied for a job where I had to do an assessment as part of the application process... After all of that I submitted my application and got an e-mail saying they've received my Primark application.. okay so now I see other opportunities which I then decide to apply for as well, I apply two 1 and then another one straight after so I had 3 applications sent to them in 1 day! However, the first application i sent to them they gave me an email for, but not for the other 2 positions/roles they didn't give me an email saying that they've got it and nor did I do a test for the other two positions? ( this probably sounds confusing I'm sorry) My question is, why did this happen ? Did something go wrong? Did I apply for too many roles or something?
    Okay, now to make it more confusing xD... I actually withdrew my first application for the first role I applied too, because I wasn't interested in the position anymore, but the only time I did the assessment was for that first application I gave in to Primark! but now that i've deleted it.... Does that mean my assessment has withdrawn too, how are they going to give me an interview or even consider me for the other 2/3 positions then, I'm so confused, and plus, couple days later I applied for another job at Primark and this time,I got an email from them but no assessment was needed apparently, they didn't let me do a test I just exited out.

(I ONLY DID 1 ASSESSMENT for all of these positions)

Basically, I'm confused and I just wanna know if I still have a shot for all of the other positions I applied for and if withdrawing was a bad idea, did it mess up my chances and lastly why didn't I get an email for the other 2 positions I applied for?

Plus it's been 2 weeks now and they haven't got back to me :bricks:

Sorry in advance for this but I would love if someone could get back to me.

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    As long as all the jobs you applied to are in your candidate zone (where you'll have withdrawn the job application) then you've applied. The results from the 1st test you did will be used for all the applications, though if you apply again in a few months you might be asked to re-do the tests.I'd apply for other places too though, as you say you've been waiting 2 weeks. Primark is very hit and miss, and just a case of luck if you get asked to interview and ever actually hear back from them after interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndyJT)
    As long as all the jobs you applied to are in your candidate zone (where you'll have withdrawn the job application) then you've applied. The results from the 1st test you did will be used for all the applications, though if you apply again in a few months you might be asked to re-do the tests.I'd apply for other places too though, as you say you've been waiting 2 weeks. Primark is very hit and miss, and just a case of luck if you get asked to interview and ever actually hear back from them after interview.
    Thank you so much This helped me a lot! Plus, I applied for 3 and they rejected me for one position already . I can't seem to find other positions that are close to me unfortunately so I can't apply for other stores, the three I applied too where the only ones that were of closest to me

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.