Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The college Croydon MET charge £4000 per A-level, that is to sit and study at their college. Clearly, their teaching is nothing outstanding since only one of their students managed to get into a university worth mentioning.

I managed an A* in both A-level mathematics and A-level further mathematics just by watching exam solutions and doing every single textbook question for all of my modules. I'm also confident if I wished to sit another A-level, I could self study using online resources and achieve similar results. Now, I'm not bragging, please don't make the mistake of thinking that I am. I'm simply saying if a student with a B grade at GCSE mathematics can teach him self two of the arguably hardest A-levels why are people paying this amount of money which is clearly not guaranteeing them Cambridge & Oxford spots?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by HelpMe??)
    This college http://www.croydonmet.org.uk/ charge £4000 per A-level, that is to sit and study at their college. Clearly, their teaching is nothing outstanding since only one of their students managed to get into a university worth mentioning.

I managed an A* in both A-level mathematics and A-level further mathematics just by watching exam solutions and doing every single textbook question for all of my modules. I'm also confident if I wished to sit another A-level, I could self study using online resources and achieve similar results. Now, I'm not bragging, please don't make the mistake of thinking that I am. I'm simply saying if a student with a B grade at GCSE mathematics can teach him self two of the arguably hardest A-levels why are people paying this amount of money which is clearly not guaranteeing them Cambridge & Oxford spots?

They are scammers
    You know the old saying: "There's one born every minute."

Overseas students whose families are desperate to gain entry to the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uberteknik)
    You know the old saying: "There's one born every minute."

Overseas students whose families are desperate to gain entry to the UK.
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😘
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.