Turn on thread page Beta

Surely, this is illegal? watch

ReputationRep:
    The college Croydon MET charge £4000 per A-level, that is to sit and study at their college. Clearly, their teaching is nothing outstanding since only one of their students managed to get into a university worth mentioning.

I managed an A* in both A-level mathematics and A-level further mathematics just by watching exam solutions and doing every single textbook question for all of my modules. I'm also confident if I wished to sit another A-level, I could self study using online resources and achieve similar results. Now, I'm not bragging, please don't make the mistake of thinking that I am. I'm simply saying if a student with a B grade at GCSE mathematics can teach him self two of the arguably hardest A-levels why are people paying this amount of money which is clearly not guaranteeing them Cambridge & Oxford spots?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by HelpMe??)
    This college http://www.croydonmet.org.uk/ charge £4000 per A-level, that is to sit and study at their college. Clearly, their teaching is nothing outstanding since only one of their students managed to get into a university worth mentioning.

I managed an A* in both A-level mathematics and A-level further mathematics just by watching exam solutions and doing every single textbook question for all of my modules. I'm also confident if I wished to sit another A-level, I could self study using online resources and achieve similar results. Now, I'm not bragging, please don't make the mistake of thinking that I am. I'm simply saying if a student with a B grade at GCSE mathematics can teach him self two of the arguably hardest A-levels why are people paying this amount of money which is clearly not guaranteeing them Cambridge & Oxford spots?

They are scammers
    You know the old saying: "There's one born every minute."

Overseas students whose families are desperate to gain entry to the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uberteknik)
    You know the old saying: "There's one born every minute."

Overseas students whose families are desperate to gain entry to the UK.
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😘
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.