The Student Room Group

To KIll a Mockingbird quotes

Hey guys.
So I've been trying to write an essay about Innocence in the book and I'm really struggling with finding quotes to satisfy 6-7 main body paragraphs.
Is there like a list with important quotes or like listing themes and pairing them with different quotes?
I'd be a huge help I really don't know what to do anymore.
Original post by GeoHadj
Hey guys.
So I've been trying to write an essay about Innocence in the book and I'm really struggling with finding quotes to satisfy 6-7 main body paragraphs.
Is there like a list with important quotes or like listing themes and pairing them with different quotes?
I'd be a huge help I really don't know what to do anymore.

Hi! You definitely don't need 6-7 main body paragraphs for an iGCSE English essay; I'd say it's more like 4 or 5 (it depends on how long your paragraphs are). If you make 7 main points, they will probably not be developed enough.

There's no exhaustive list anywhere, and quotations can generally be interpreted in many different ways and hence plausibly "fit" many different themes. Try thinking about the meaning of innocence, related concepts (either similar or opposite concepts) and key moments in the novel which express any of these. The trial scene and the lynch mob are good places to start, as are any parts of the book where you think Jem and Scout "grew up" or realised anything which may have diminished their innocence :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending