Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i just finally got my braces off and realized one of my front tooth was darker than the rest after i had root canal treatment i went to my dentist and she told me i had a dead tooth and that i would need internal bleaching or a crown my dentist told me i need to go private and it is really expensive which my parents cannot afford. my dentist also told me that im to young to have a crown or internal bleaching and that i need to be 16 which honestly i cannot wait another year because i am 15 and i am so insecure with my front dark tooth literally in school i never talk because i am afraid people would bully me.
    HELPPPPPP??
    which one is better internal bleaching or crown??
    what shall i do??any advice??

ReputationRep:
    Found this, maybe just get your tooth removed?
    Tooth extraction

No one wants to have their teeth removed. But it may be the only option you are left with if you fail to seek treatment soon enough. Tooth extraction is a simple procedure that is relatively cheap and painless. Replacing that tooth with a dental prosthetic can make it more pricey though.

Most people would prefer to avoid removing their teeth as much as possible. If you see them early enough, most dentists will recommend a root canal procedure when they can.

Root Canal

Root canals are rather involved and therefore more expensive than extractions.

Root canal therapy is considered ideal for many situations. It involves cleaning out dead tissue and decay from the pulp then reconstruction of all that may have been removed the process. It is prefered to other procedures, especially when nearby teeth have already been lost or removed.

For many, the thought of a root canal is intimidating. However, it is generally a painless procedure that is routine for most dentists. As a common high-ticket surgery, it is one of the dental profession’s mainstays. This might be why many dentists still maintain that it is a necessity.

However, more and more people are waking up to the potential of actually healing a dying tooth.

Natural Alternatives

Tooth extraction and root canals certainly have their place.

We don’t dispute it: if you allow the infection within your tooth to progress too far, your only options will be surgical options.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.