Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Students with low GCSEs at top unis for medicine Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    The person asked which Medical Schools LOOK at GCSEs; not which ones have low requirements or whatever. Imperial are the only ones that don't even look at them.
    do Imperial not want B in eng lang and Maths? If so, I stand corrected and shamed on this Internet forum and I bow down to you, the true king of the north.

(Original post by SGHD26716)
    What is your UKCAT? Must be crazy high if you've only got one A* at GCSE.
    Very close to 800. But one doesn't get more points in the Brum offer calculator once you've got a UKCAT of like 730+ so I could have only got 730 ish and still got in. And nah I have 0A*s at GCSE... more A*s at A level than I do at GCSE.

geezer
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

(Original post by sortmeoutgeezer)
    do Imperial not want B in eng lang and Maths?
    Nope.

ReputationRep:
    Very close to 800. But one doesn't get more points in the Brum offer calculator once you've got a UKCAT of like 730+ so I could have only got 730 ish and still got in. And nah I have 0A*s at GCSE... more A*s at A level than I do at GCSE.

geezer
    Pretty amazing UKCAT score then. Well done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Nope.
    while you're here, do you know anything about the bsc management intercalation at Imperial? As in how hard is it? Other people's experience of it? I hope to externally intercalate at Imperial in a couple years
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

while you're here, do you know anything about the bsc management intercalation at Imperial? As in how hard is it? Other people's experience of it? I hope to externally intercalate at Imperial in a couple years
    I'm not an expert, but I do know a few people who have done it. I've not looked into it myself as I have no interest in it personally but from what I have heard, a lot of it is group work but quite a few people score firsts in it. That doesn't necessarily mean it's easy but make of that what you will. I don't know what the application process is for externals, however.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.