Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have had a huge interest in law since a young age, but after some personal circumstances, I did not receive the exam results I was predicted last year in my first sitting of Higher exams. I did 5 highers and my results were the following:
    English - A
    History - A
    Art&Design- A
    Philosophy- C
    Biology - D

My C in philosophy was at fault of the teacher, as 85% of the class received a fail. I was one of a few who actually passed. My D was the result of my teacher leaving a few months prior to the exam, absent with an illness. Furthermore, my mental health and home living circumstances were not great so I did not achieve the best of my abilities.

In my National 5's I recieved: 5 A's 1 B and a C

This year I'm studying 2 highers (Modern Studies and Advanced Higher English)

and I don't know if I will even have the possibility of receiving a conditional offer for law, at all, because of my exam results last year. I believe the minimum requirement for most universities is ABBB or AABB however I recieved AAACD. Do I meet the minimum and do I even have a chance?

My personal statement has been regarded as "very strong" as I have work experience in a court and I'm studying an open-university law course.

I need advice on what to do and likelyhood of getting an offer at all. How many universities should I apply for? I have chosen business as a back up, so in essence should I apply 3 Law 2 Business or 4 Law and 1 Businees.

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.