Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I would like other people's opinion of what career path to go down (job) I'm doing my GCSEs and I am predicted B's in moth stuff and a couple of A's and I am really interested in medicine (anatomy) and law! I am unsure whether to go college and do chem, bio, pe? Or do law, criminology and pe? I would either like to be a police officer and a doctor! So different I know. I don't want to mix and match at college as doing sciences and law at college is going to be stressful. I am determined have great leadership (quoted by peers and teachers) and have a caring attitude. I have wanted to do either of these to ever since I wa s young. I know a lot about each job and have spoken to coppers and Drs and I am torn between the two. Please help!!

ReputationRep:
    Do the one you are good at , Have you tried any work experience in both fields ? as this will help you decide

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshB1239)
    I would like other people's opinion of what career path to go down (job) I'm doing my GCSEs and I am predicted B's in moth stuff and a couple of A's and I am really interested in medicine (anatomy) and law! I am unsure whether to go college and do chem, bio, pe? Or do law, criminology and pe? I would either like to be a police officer and a doctor! So different I know. I don't want to mix and match at college as doing sciences and law at college is going to be stressful. I am determined have great leadership (quoted by peers and teachers) and have a caring attitude. I have wanted to do either of these to ever since I wa s young. I know a lot about each job and have spoken to coppers and Drs and I am torn between the two. Please help!!
    Do medicine, it's far more rewarding

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshB1239)
    Both are very different. Medicine requires a strong science background with excellent communication skills and a caring nature. Law requires a really good ability to debate issues.

If you are getting B's in most stuff, that won't be good enough for medicine nowadays, really. You'll need a lot of A's and a few A*'s minimum. Medicine is one of the most competitive subjects out there, so bear in mind its going to be a big challenge for anyone. For law it may be good enough for most universities, thought this would require checking.

Ultimately we can only give insights into these careers. Its your interests that will decide it. Bear in mind Law can get a bit mind-numbingly dull when 25% of your first year is contract law. And you have to do tort law....yeah, i'd talk to some law students before making a judgement on law. And maybe don't judge from TV shows, which make it seem a lot more interesting than it actually is. Equally with medicine, the workload can be very intense, as the smallest slip ups have to be avoided (given their potentially big consequences).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuentinM)
    Ultimately we can only give insights into these careers. Its your interests that will decide it. Bear in mind Law can get a bit mind-numbingly dull when 25% of your first year is contract law. And you have to do tort law....yeah, i'd talk to some law students before making a judgement on law. And maybe don't judge from TV shows, which make it seem a lot more interesting than it actually is. Equally with medicine, the workload can be very intense, as the smallest slip ups have to be avoided (given their potentially big consequences).
    You chose the two best law modules to say law isn't very interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.)
    You chose the two best law modules to say law isn't very interesting.
    Hey, i just hear everyone complain about them

ReputationRep:
    Do the chem, bio, pe a levels because you could still get into law at uni with those but would struggle to get into medicine/anything else science with other a level choices.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.