Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hello,
    I am applying for french at university and I got a D at the AS level but carried on for A2.
    I want to get a B in the subject but I am still nervous towards my listening comprehensions.

I only know one university at the moment that I want to apply to but I think I will not be able to get any As because my end of year results were DEE. I am working A LOT harder. with these has my predicted results does anyone know any good universities that do french but have an entry requirement of BBB??

thank you.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ineedtostudy)
    hello,
    I am applying for french at university and I got a D at the AS level but carried on for A2.
    I want to get a B in the subject but I am still nervous towards my listening comprehensions.

I only know one university at the moment that I want to apply to but I think I will not be able to get any As because my end of year results were DEE. I am working A LOT harder. with these has my predicted results does anyone know any good universities that do french but have an entry requirement of BBB??

thank you.
    Do a bit of research. There will be plenty of university courses with BBB as their entry requirements.

There's still no harm in applying to those higher level entry universities, but it's good to get a range of different entry requirements so you have more options when it comes to firming and insuring.
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ineedtostudy)
    hello,

thank you.
    Aberdeen is a solid uni that only requires BBB. Location can have a big impact on entry requirements, not as many southern English students want to move to northern Scotland, so the requirements aren't as high. You might be able to get into ULIP with BBB also (the requirements are ABB, but I know they've taken students with lower grades in the past).

ReputationRep:
    You could take a look at Essex. I know it's not generally touted as a language university but my daughter is studying there (she is currently on her year abroad in France) and is totally happy with the course. And as a language graduate myself from many moons ago, I can tell you that I think it's a good course too. I believe their requirement is BBB.

Another possibility could be Hull. This was my daughter's insurance choice and again we were both impressed with the language department there when we visited it. I think the entry requirements there might actually be lower than BBB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    Aberdeen is a solid uni that only requires BBB. Location can have a big impact on entry requirements, not as many southern English students want to move to northern Scotland, so the requirements aren't as high. You might be able to get into ULIP with BBB also (the requirements are ABB, but I know they've taken students with lower grades in the past).
    thank you!!!!!
    i have never heard of ULIP before and I think if was able to recieve an offer it would be amazing.

again, thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.