Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just started 2nd year of my Law degree and have tried to get a heard start but feel like I'm falling behind already trying to manage all of my tutorials. I'm doing 9-5 in the library everyday between lectures but it doesn't feel like enough time. For my first tutorial I've done about 14 pages of work somehow probably over 12+ hours and on the one hand feel like this is way too much for 1 out of 8 tutorials for 1 out of my 6 units, but on the other hand I feel as though I don't have enough of the extra detail they like us to get from the further reading. I'm aiming for a First this year but I need to be doing a sustainable amount of work and not too much as I already feel very stressed. It's difficult with law because the school expects you to be doing your own research and learning, but there's only so many hours in the day. So how long would everyone recommend spending on tutorial work?

ReputationRep:
    I feel exactly the same! We have around two tutorials a week and I have already done 15 hours prep for one with just the reading and ill probably do around 6 hous more with questions, essays etc. I haven't even done any of the further reading, this is all just essential!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.