Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What's the best revision techniques for a level, in maths and science. I want to learn the information and retain until the exam, what's the best way to do it please
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    For maths go. To physics and maths tutor.com find your exam board and complete everything relevant to your spec on the website
    2 months before the exam finish all the solomon papers and for physics use the notes on the website and past papers are the key to success at a level

ReputationRep:
    science - make notes going through the course text book and your class notes and consolidate them into an easy to understand and shorter version (do this as you go along whenever you have frees or no hw) - this will help you learn it and also will give you something good to look back on at the time of your exam. I'd recommend doing these on the computer bc its quicker and more compact and then just print them out into a folder.
    maths - i have an exercise book where i just write out revision notes and steps on how to do things with examples which is really helpful. Also maths is one of those things that you won't even really have to revise that much as long as you understand it and do practice questions along the way.

ReputationRep:
    If you want to study the smart way, sit down and go through the course curriculum and make yourself a detailed todo list. Then just go through each one - one by one. Read, Cover and explain to yourself what you learned, uncover and check. When you can explain the material, you've learnt it, move on. When you revisit the material, see how much you can explain without

If you have a hard time getting through the material use a focus app like Promo Timer to keep you on task. Promo Timer is my favourite but there are loads out there if you want to try them out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FarheenA)
    For maths go. To physics and maths tutor.com find your exam board and complete everything relevant to your spec on the website
    2 months before the exam finish all the solomon papers and for physics use the notes on the website and past papers are the key to success at a level
    What's a Solomon paper?
    I use physicsandmathstutor for chemistry and biology but they don't have WJEC for maths and I can't find anywhere else seems as it's a new 2017 spec this year

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.