Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Feel like guys never notice me [16F] Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    In group conversations, guys won’t even look at me. They’ll joke or flirt with my friends but I might as well be invisible to them. Even if I try to talk to them or smile they’ll still either be extremely hostile towards me or ignore it. I’m not particularly ugly or attractive, but guys just don’t seem to like me, in a friends way or romantically. I don’t think I’m particularly dislikable because I get along well with new girls I meet. https://imgur.com/a/w9qyQ For reference

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyexlr2)
    In group conversations, guys won’t even look at me. They’ll joke or flirt with my friends but I might as well be invisible to them. Even if I try to talk to them or smile they’ll still either be extremely hostile towards me or ignore it. I’m not particularly ugly or attractive, but guys just don’t seem to like me, in a friends way or romantically. I don’t think I’m particularly dislikable because I get along well with new girls I meet. https://imgur.com/a/w9qyQ For reference
    r u jokin man ur PENG

ppl r hostile at u for starting convo wtf

what KNOBS

ReputationRep:
    You are actually distinctly above average.

ReputationRep:
    Walk alone at night and you'll be noticed.

ReputationRep:

perhaps it's just those few particular guys who don't like you, or something about your personality/vibe is putting them off..

your friends look significantly more approachable than you if i'm going by the pics, although i'd say you look better than your friends. If I had to make a guess i'd say your natural demur/vibe could be the cause of the lack of interest....

ReputationRep:
    As a 16 year old myself I can say you're reasonably attractive, I mean, all I can think is that they're closer to your friends, or you just dont talk enough/aren't as "open"/approachable as your friends, its much nicer and easier to talk to a girl who is trying to talk to you and that doesnt go on their phone mid convo (if you're like that) just try to talk to them and eventually one of them will talk to you and if you sit next to guys in classes then try get to know them, if they come up to your group at any time then you'd be the one they'd probably talk to most.

yeah you're reasonably attractive. but men have their own types. and to be honest you're not really my type. pretty enough but you look a little miserable in some of your pics and you're a little on the skinny side for me. not saying any of that to be mean

ReputationRep:
    they probably assume you have a boyfriend

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.