The Student Room Group

Skeleton Argument HELP LAW

I am writing a skeleton argument for a case on behalf of the Appellant.

Problem is as outlined below:
J Builders Ltd instituted legal proceedings against Jack and Camilla (have very religious views) claiming damages for breach of contract. The trial judge and the Court of Appeal dismissed the claim on the following grounds:-

1. Jack and Camilla were not contractually obliged to consider anyone’s tender for the building work, and even if they were so obliged, sufficient consideration was given to J Builders Ltd’s tender by shredding it once it was known from whom it came.

2. Even if Jack and Camilla were contractually obliged to consider J Builders Ltd’s tender they would inevitably have rejected it because of the work J Builders Ltd did for the Human Rights Commission, and thus only nominal damages could be awarded.

J Builder Ltd now appeals to the Supreme Court of the United Kingdom.

-----

I have the format of the document arranged but I am unsure how to start it.

The case of Blackpool and Fylde Aero Club Ltd v Blackpool Borough Council [1990] 1 WLR 1195 is my starting point.

Any tips?
Reply 1
Yeah. Prepare well. Start with common law, examine statute, form your arguments, prepare to rebut your opponent.

TSR has already answered this question several times, which is how you got the Blackpool case.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest