Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A boy asked me out I wanna say yes... but I can't? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I sit next to this boy and I really thought I liked him and was considering asking him out! Then he asked me!!! I don't know why but I'm finding it really hard to say yes. He has an amazing personality and I've known him for about a year and a quarter but isn't particular attractive. Why am I struggling so much to say yes?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know. Maybe you're nervous you might end up doing something you regret? Might it be awkward if things don't work out? If I were you I think I might write down all the reasons I could possibly think of which would not make me want to go out with this person to try and crack the code. If not, you should take the plunge.

ReputationRep:
    say yes and see how it goes

ReputationRep:
    Think about the reasons you're unsure about saying yes. If possible, discuss some of these reasons with him (e.g. is it your first relationship, so are you nervous about what might happen, or is it a bit of a player?)

I felt the same way when the guy I liked for ages asked me out. My main doubts were because my first relationship was pretty **** and lasted about a week, and also he was going to university the next year. Eventually I said yes, and a year later I still don't regret that decision.

ReputationRep:
    Just say yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Girl w/ problems)
    I sit next to this boy and I really thought I liked him and was considering asking him out! Then he asked me!!! I don't know why but I'm finding it really hard to say yes. He has an amazing personality and I've known him for about a year and a quarter but isn't particular attractive. Why am I struggling so much to say yes?
    Honestly you are really lucky though.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 5, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.