Turn on thread page Beta

3 weeks back at Uni and my immune system is already obliterated. watch

Happened to me last year as well. Constant cold sores, headaches, always tired and feeling sluggish.

Impacted my studies and in particular my social life last year. I was fine over the summer it just seems to be when I'm in Uni.

I've tried drinking green tea and sleeping more at weekend but still don't feel great.

Any advice, please.

Bump.

ReputationRep:
    Crap, me too actually. I push on but it's annoying when I have the flu to stay the best me.

Nvm, mine's no where near as bad as it sounds for you... don't have headaches or cold sores and don't feel tired. Just the flu for like a week now

(Original post by pereira325)
    Crap, me too actually. I push on but it's annoying when I have the flu to stay the best me.

Nvm, mine's no where near as bad as it sounds for you... don't have headaches or cold sores and don't feel tired. Just the flu for like a week now
    Hmm yeah it sounds like you probably just have freshers flu haha. Mine is near enough constant throughout the year.

ReputationRep:
    Same for me. I'm fine all day and then after going to sleep is where the problem starts. Always in the morning I'm not feeling good and take a good hour to sort everything out before I can leave my room and after that I'm alright
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    A case of freshers' flu?

Make sure that you take care of yourself properly. Try to drink plenty of water, eat fruit and veg, cook healthy meals and build up a good sleep routine. Also, try to get some exercise, whether you join the gym and just go for a walk for some fresh air.

(Original post by cheesecakelove)
    A case of freshers' flu?

Make sure that you take care of yourself properly. Try to drink plenty of water, eat fruit and veg, cook healthy meals and build up a good sleep routine. Also, try to get some exercise, whether you join the gym and just go for a walk for some fresh air.
    I don't think it is freshers flu because I had it throughout last year as well.

I would book an appointment with my GP but it could take me 5-6 weeks for an appoitment and I don' even know if they would be able to help.

ReputationRep:
    it's probably freshers flu
    that or you aren't taking care of yourself properly - take a couple of weeks and sleep 8 hours a night, exercise regularly, skip the heavy nights out and eat good food and see how you feel after that
    if you're still sick go see the doctor

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.